A user just reported to me that the TOS and Privacy Policy links on the Sign Up page don't work. I hovered over them, and sure enough, both URLs only show:

https://www.billkochman.com/index.php/#

So how do I make them link to the proper pages on my site?

Also, why is the Settings page in Facebook Clone blank? There are no settings there to edit whatsoever. Only the icons page can be edited.

Finally, how do I remove the gray gradient from the cover image in the Facebook Clone theme? I looked through the CSS code in the AdminCP, and in Firefox using the Inspector tool, but I could find no code to remove the ugly gradient.

Thank you.

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Check in the AdminCP >>Appearance >> PAGES

Then click on the edit link for each page and check the URL title on the right and make sure that says terms or policy depending on which page you are looking at.

Hi John. Actually, I modified the links on the aforementioned pages when I first entered the content for each page, so that they are "terms-of-service" and "privacy-policy". Both links work perfectly fine in the left-hand menu in the Facebook Clone theme. So I am mystified as to why they don't also work on the Sign Up page. Any ideas?

JohnJr

Ok, I just changed the URL Title from "terms" to "termsX" and it worked correctly on the menu in the footer as well as clicking on the link while registering.  The site I tested it on is 4.81. and it is phpfox theme but I can't see how the theme would be the issue.

Did you make a new page or did you just edit the original page?

Just so you know the location for this in the database is phpfox_menu and the variable is menu_terms and is_active must be 1 so if you added a new page I wonder if it is active on the options for that page?

Last update on November 12, 2020 by JohnJr.

John, I just edited the original pages. I didn't create any new pages. I simply replaced all of the Latin text with my content, and then I changed the name of the page, as well as the URL to each page, as I explained before. So why the links work on the home page, but not on the Sign Up page, is beyond me.

I checked the database, and both of my edits are clearly showing there. That is, "terms-of-service" and "privacy-policy". Likewise, both are enabled with a 1. If that wasn't set correctly -- which it obviously is -- then the links wouldn't work on the home page either. Yet they do work.

I am wondering if both of these problems -- not being able to remove the gradient, and the links not working on the Sign Up page -- are specific to the Facebook Clone theme.

JohnJr

The database thing...well your right, I forgot it was working in the one area when I said that.  Well, the more I think about it...maybe the theme could affect it.  What you could do is change the theme to the default phpfox theme and try that link.  If it works then you know it is the theme...right?

Hello John. That is exactly what I did. Hanh from YouNetCo emailed me and suggested I switch to the Material theme to see if the links on the Sign Up page work with that theme. Well, they DO work with the Material theme. I then switched back to the YouNetCo Facebook Clone theme, and the two links do NOT work. I emailed Hanh back, but he hasn't responded yet. He did set up an account on my server though. I have discovered a few other GUI bugs which I am going to let them know about. I suspect that they are related to their Facebook Clone theme as well.