Bill Kochman

I am not sure why, but while I definitely have the parameter "Force Users to Upload Profile Image" enabled in my settings, for some reason, the last two people were able to sign up without providing a Profile Pic. What could possibly cause this to happen? The only settings change I made recently was to disable the "Captcha" app, since I created my own captcha pairs, and am using them with the anti-spam questions.

Be the first person to like this.
Hannah

Hi Bill Kochman,

Could you please check the setting [Photo must be approved first before they are displayed publicity?] for Guest? It may be turned on so we could not see the photo that the user uploaded in the sign-up process (at this time he was a guest, not a user member of your site)

Please go to AdminCP > Apps > Installed > Photos > User group settings > Select user group = guest : https://prnt.sc/vhr8ng

I know it makes confusing because users did not know what happens with his profile photo. So we would like to inform you that we already added this improvement to our next version - we will display the approval status on the user's avatar and user's cover photo (when it is pending for approval) 

Regards,

Hannah

Regards,

Last update on November 12, 2020 by Hannah.
Bill Kochman

Hannah, to clarify, are you saying that I should set "Photos must be approved first before they are displayed publicly?" to "No" instead of to "Yes"?

Even if I do that, it still does not explain why forcing profile pic upload was working before, but now it is not working. I don't believe I made any settings changes anywhere which would stop it from working.

Hannah

Hi Bill Kochman,

Could you please try to turn off the setting "Photos must be approved first before they are displayed publicly?" = No for User Group =[guest] and then try to sign up again?

Regards, 

Bill Kochman

Yes, I already turned it off. But I am wondering if the problem might be something else.

I just looked at both accounts where the profile pic is not showing on their profile pages.

In both cases, both members did in fact upload a profile pic. I can see both images in their "Profile Pictures" albums.

However, I am wondering if the problem is the dimensions of the image they uploaded. With one person, the dimensions of the image are 1200x1200 pixels, and with the othe person, the dimensions are 1200x1600 pixels. That is VERY large just for a profile pic.

Is it possible that the images are simply too large for phpFox to reduce to Profile Pic size, and so it is not displaying a profile pic at all?