Hello!

Been having issues when I've enabled Amazon S3 CDN. I am able to upload profile picture to s3 successfuly and it shows correctly on the profile, but when I click the change photo icon then the crop it modal appears, the image does not appear. When I navigate to dev tools > network tab, it shows that I'm having an access denied on the request of the crop it modal. Plus the path is incorrect also, it accesses a path in the s3 that is not valid or not existing.

The folder created by phpfox in s3 is like this:

<s3::bucket> > file > pic > user > <contents>

While the Cropit JS requests a path like this:

<s3::bucket> > file > pic > photo > <contents>

That is why it returns access denied since the folder and its contents do not exist

Do you have any ideas regarding this? Thanks! A sample image of the problem is attached below.

Be the first person to like this.

I found common.sett.php and saw the path photo.url_photo which uses the photo folder. I tried to chage this and the problem is fixed. Is this the recommended fix for this or should I override the controller and change the path parameter?

Last update on November 12, 2020 by xlbdev.
Hannah

Hi xlbdev,

I know that you mentioned "Amazon S3 CDN" app, by the way, I would like to confirm what option you are using: 

- Option 1: Amazon S3 app https://store.phpfox.com/apps/amazon-s3-2

- Option 2: [Storage settings] of phpFox core 

We would like to inform you that Amazon S3 is compatible with phpFox 4.7.10 or older. From phpFox 4.8.0 , we need to configure Amazon S3 CDN at AdminCP > Settings > Storage settings. 

Regards,

Hannah

Hi @Hannah, we are using phpfox 4.7.9 and option 1.

Last update on November 12, 2020 by xlbdev.

Hi @Hannah, we are using phpfox 4.7.9 and we used option 1.

Hannah

Hi xlbdev,

We checked and could not reproduce this issue in our testing environment. Could you please submit a ticket with your site information so our team can check?

Regards,

Hannah

Hi xlbdev,

We checked and could not reproduce this issue in our testing environment. Could you please submit a ticket with your site information so our team can check?

Regards,

Hannah

Do I need to install the phpfox CDN and phpfox Storage plugins?