All images are labeled with hex number like

691404B7-E51A-4ADC-A68B-11E0D9C7C1ED. If this is the image name

is there some way to change the default naming scheme. If not, is their some way

to supress this so it doesnt show on on the page, its kinda ugly.

Thanks.

Topics: photos app
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Can you take a screenshot and post it and tell us the location like a specific app?

Sure, it is in the Photos App, the version that comes standard in phpFox.

Thanks.

Kidd wicked

When you upload a photo, it uses the file name of the photo you are uploading and retains it as the title on the system. So if you upload a photo that is named photo.jpg that will be the name on the system. If you take a photo with the app it will just add a time as the title as in the photo attached. The problem is when you download a picture from say Facebook it puts that decimal as the title and then try to upload it to your system It will retain it. I don't think there would be a work around because if you have a user that will upload 20 photos each one of them already labeled you wouldn't want the system to change the labeling

Kidd wicked

I guess there could be an option to hide photo titles and just have the description. But that would be up to the developer. I agree it is kinda ugly. 

JohnJr

Karl, you are correct and this has been complained about several times in the past.  What I would have done if I had the skills would leave the title field blank but create another column in the table called ImageName to reference if it had to be deleted later on.  So if the field (title) is empty don't show anything there and if the user wants to add a title they can edit the image with the gear box and add a title and then the title would show.

It only happens when I import certain images from my iphone, guess I could look for a default naming option there, although that doesnt fix the issue. Thanks for the responses!