Hi,

I am using version 4.8.1.

I setup my site off when I was doing some maintenance, then I release the off sign but the cache seems not updated so my site was off a few hours until it was back again.

Does anyone ever experience this and have any idea what setting should I change so it could be instantly reflected? I have been using 4.7.9 and never have such issue.

Thank you.

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

So after you turned it on did you clear the cache immediately after that.  If not, then maybe when the cron ran for whatever time you set it and it cleared the cache for you.  Whenever I shut down the site, I most likely made some changes, so I always find missing setting, rebuild the core and clear the cache.  Don't know if they are all needed but just do them out of habit :)

Last update on January 4, 2021 by JohnJr.

So after you turned it on did you clear the cache immedialtely after that.  If not, then maybe when the cron ran for what ever time you set it and for cleared the cache for you.  When ever shut down the site, I most likely made some changes so I always find missing setting, rebuild the core and clear the cache.  Don't know if they are all needed but just do them out of habit :)

I did the cache clearance but it didn't take effect immediately.

Nevertheless, I finally found the reason. it was because the cache setting.

I was experimenting AWS as memcache server but in 2 days I got bill of 18 USD, so I turn it off because the cost was too high. If 1 day it costs me around 10 USD, then in a month I will have to pay 300USD, it is not worthy.

So, I set the cache setting back to "file", apparently the system did not delete the file in "PF.Base/file/settings/cache.sett.php"; so it keeps reading it although the setting is "file cache". That is the reason why this issue happened. If you have same issue with me, just delete "PF.Base/file/settings/cache.sett.php"; and it will return to normal.

For Phpfox Team, you migh want to check why the system behaves like this. The file "PF.Base/file/settings/cache.sett.php"; should be deleted or atl least the content is changed to appropriate one when we change the setting of cache methodology.

JohnJr

Koern,

Good catch!  I use a dedicated server with redis and it works with no issues but I would have never thought of checking to see if the files still existed.  We learn something new everyday...