so I installed phpfox and everything went ok but it wont log in when i try to log in it goes to a 404 page not found. same thing happens no matter where i go even if i try to register. its installed on a ngix server. 

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Was the attempted to login right after the install?  Did you set up SSL?

Ssl is already setup on site. I do have it imstalled in a sub directory not sure if that would make a difference 

JohnJr

try to delete /cache folder

/PF.Base/file/cache

delete what is inside the cache folder and try again to refresh site.

Do you have a .htaccess file in your root?

Did you turn on short URL's?

You might have to open a phpfox ticket.

Last update on January 10, 2021 by JohnJr.

i dont have an htaccess i tried to see how to make one but i need a sample one

JohnJr

just take a text file paste the below code and upload to your server.  Then rename the file on your server to .htaccess

# START phpFox Rewrite Options -Indexes     RewriteEngine On     RewriteBase /          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f     RewriteRule ^(file)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2     RewriteRule ^themes/default/(.*) PF.Base/theme/default/$1     RewriteRule ^(static|theme|module)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2     RewriteRule ^(Apps|themes)/(.*) PF.Site/$1/$2     

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d     RewriteRule . index.php [L]     

# END phpFox Rewrite

Last update on January 10, 2021 by JohnJr.

now does that go in the root / or the root of php fox domain.com/test or test.domain.com

Last update on January 10, 2021 by John E Hamburn, III.

ok tried it still wont let me everytime i go to any sub page such as test/index.php/user/login/ i get page not found guess this just doesnt work our of the box anymore and support wont be able oto help me cause i dont have an active support license 

JohnJr

It goes where these files are located (PF.Base, PF.Site and PF.Src).  Also, if your site is in a folder then look at the bottom area of this help file.

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Changing+Your+Domain+Name

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Install+phpFox+on+nginx+server

JohnJr

Also, I just noticed I said delete the cache folder...I copied that from another thread.  It should be delete what is inside the cache folder...not the folder itself.  If you deleted the actually folder then just make a new folder called cache.