Naresh

Has anybody configured registration with sms ?

What I have understood is that we can configure sms with only the vendors available in the registration settings. Can I add another vendor/api for sms registration ?

Is the sms registration includes email verification also ? 

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Yes, it works really well.  I put it off for a while since no one explained how it worked.  But it works the same as email.

Some registers and put in their phone number instead of an email.

If verification is required it sends a text for verification and you enter the number in.

Then you log in with your telephone number.

Bonus (which makes me happy):  If the user adds his email under his profile settings then they can log in with either their email or phone number...awesome.

Something phpfox indicated they were going to add was to be able to send an invite to a phone number...now that is crazy stuff there.

Naresh

I want to avoid the verification email system completely. As most of them ends up in spam folder. Is it possible to register users with a mobile number and email and then only sms text message is used for verification ? That way we get their email also but we also avoid spammers ( spammers will not register with their mobile numbers ) and also email verification spam folder issue.

JohnJr

Confused?

Verification shut off - Register by email or SMS.  Depending on how your register will be your login way.

Verification turned on - Register by email or SMS.  Same as above for login, but verification would also be by the same process.

But if register with a phone number (SMS) the user can also go to account settings and add their phone number.  By doing this they can log in either way.

Those are the only options I know of.  Sorry.

Naresh

Thanks .

JohnJr

I goofed up....

But if register with a phone number (SMS) the user can also go to account settings and add their phone number email address.  By doing this they can log in either way.

Naresh

Ya I could understand that. Thanks.