I have 140000+ users registered on the site. But I think at least 30% are spammers. There are 3 options available with phpfox to control spammers. 

1. 2 way verification

2. SMS registration

3. re-captcha

Presently I have avtivated re-captcha , but spammers are able to bypass this. Though it has stopped the huge flow of spammers but still it is not fullproof.

Can anybody tell me the process of first two options ? or which one is the best option to control spammers ?

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-prevent-phpfox-community-from-spam/

https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-stop-spamming-on-your-phpfox-community-part-2/

I would use SMS registration because although they could get a fake number it would still make them do a little work which would reduce the spammers from registering.

Need one clarification regarding the SMS registration. Can you explain the process exactly how it works ? 

JohnJr

From what I remember (my new site is invite-only) you register the same on the front page and when they click on the registration button a new page comes up asking for a telephone number so the website can send a text message with a 5 or 6 digit number.  They will have to enter that number and once they are done...they are verified.

You have to set up a SMS provider.  I used Nexmo which is now Vonage I guess.  You have to enter two API keys in your AdminCP under the Registration Settings.

Nexmo API Key:
Nexmo API Secret:

Sp only mobile numer is verified or email is also verified ?

Hannah

Hi Naresh,

When we turn on the setting [Enable Registration using SMS Service], all user needs to verify by SMS message in the sign-up process. Please note that user no need to verify his account via email 1 more time even though the setting  [Verify Email At Signup] is turned on.

https://prnt.sc/wo89i6

To use SMS service, please set up SMS provider KEY & SECRET, currently, phpFox supports:

Best regards,

"Please note that user no need to verify his account via email 1 more time even though the setting  [Verify Email At Signup] is turned on."

So it means when we enable registration through SMS , the user's email remains unverified ? Right ? Kindly clarify.

"Please note that user no need to verify his account via email 1 more time even though the setting  [Verify Email At Signup] is turned on."

So it means when we enable registration through SMS , the user's email remains unverified ? Right ? Kindly clarify.