I have updated the icon in the themes and it works fine for desktops. However, I would like it to also work for smartphones. The sources I have reviewed online says I need to inset the following code in my <head> section. Not sure where I can include this code to make shortcut icons on smartphones work.

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="/apple-icon-57x57.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="60x60" href="/apple-icon-60x60.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="/apple-icon-72x72.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="/apple-icon-76x76.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="/apple-icon-114x114.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="/apple-icon-120x120.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="/apple-icon-144x144.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="/apple-icon-152x152.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="/apple-icon-180x180.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="192x192"  href="/android-icon-192x192.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="/favicon-32x32.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="96x96" href="/favicon-96x96.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="/favicon-16x16.png">
<link rel="manifest" href="/manifest.json">
<meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#ffffff">
<meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="/ms-icon-144x144.png">
<meta name="theme-color" content="#ffffff">

This should be a simple one for one of the forum moderators to answer. This is a really great question because Apple and Google do not let all Apps be posted. People can already use the "Addto Home Screen" option with their phones but it does not provide a nice favicon once placed. Just a square with the first letter of the website. Please help let members know where this code can be added to help those that do not qualify for Apple?Google appstore placements.

Last update on January 30, 2021 by cranium.
Be the first person to like this.

Still looking to hear a solution to this. Posted almost 2 weeks ago and nothing from anyone. I think all that is needed is to be told where the primary location of the Head code is but not sure.

Still no reply to this. Waiting...................................

OK, ladies and gents. I never heard a reply but needed to get this fixed as going through the App stores for an App really is not an option for my own network due to limits in their usage policies. If you would like others to be able to save your personalized favicon on their mobile device and not need to go through an App store PM me and I will be happy to help. $99. I will provide all files back to you with full instrucitons on how to load on your own server. I will provide a nice little video you can provide to your users to show them how to include the icon on their mobile device with just 2 clicks, which is easier than a real App store download.  I will not ask for any of your personal details such as server access or even access to your network. It should be noted this is not an App it is merely a nice looking icon, so that when people save it to their mobile device it allows them easy one click access with a nice App type visual icon.