I bought my license 5 months ago and JUST TODAY got access to the forums.  Seems like most help tickets that I submit take 4 days to get responded to by their team.  (2 business hours is what I would have expected, 8 hours would be outrageous).

If we want to expand our communities with quality software, looks like we're all on our own.  Anyone else feel like this?

Topics: phpfox, community

Not that many it looks like.

JohnJr

Sorry hours...never.  Be lucky enough with several days.  But to be fair, most likely most coders are attempting to keep this version going as well as writing the code for the new version 5 which the indicated last year it would come out this year.  I can only assume they are probably behind like all of us with our projects.  I would guess there is less than 12 employees for this entire division so you can't expect hours unless it is an emergency situation which would probably cost you.

Last update on February 13, 2021 by JohnJr.

True.  I'm just used to packages like xenforo, etc.  But I like the product, it's just not at the point where I want to dump any more money into it until I get other projects to take off to cover the expense.  Catch 22, I know.

Ro R

I bought my license 5 months ago and JUST TODAY got access to the forums.  Seems like most help tickets that I submit take 4 days to get responded to by their team.  (2 business hours is what I would have expected, 8 hours would be outrageous).

If we want to expand our communities with quality software, looks like we're all on our own.  Anyone else feel like this?

I complained to get access. They told me don't submit tickets, get help here...but here it's just us. HORRIBLE support. I've gotten better support from free software. I don't buy the excuse that they're coding. Then hire people just for support. *shrug*

Paris

I occasionally come on though I am starting to wonder why? It's a ghost town.

Paris

You shoulda waited for version 5. This version is crippleware. The feed on web is "NOT TRUE INFINITE FEED" . Garbage.

I heard ver 5 is coming soon but man as always, why do I feel like it won't change anything? been here since v3 and never went live for AGES. I am 45 now damn when I was on I was a young man.

Goes to show how successful this crippleware is.

Yeah we are on our own. Expect nothing but forking out more and more $$$.

Shoulda saved that money for another platform. As me and the gang in here, we already wen beyond thousands. Too late to quit now.

Last update on February 12, 2021 by Paris.
Paris

I complained to get access. They told me don't submit tickets, get help here...but here it's just us. HORRIBLE support. I've gotten better support from free software. I don't buy the excuse that they're coding. Then hire people just for support. *shrug*

What support? LOL. Been here since 3.x. Getting nowhere.

May as well strip this script to the core and run it as a barebones. No features, nothing. No addons, heck even remove some cores.

It might just work as a social Blog. nothing more. How's that for a SOCKIAL NETWORK?  OH but then wait, the infinite FEED is still an issue so fail fail fail fail. 

Oh there the apps but, HOW THE F**K do I set it up? Support says, GO READ the documentation. Ok Ok so I did. I still don't get it.

I got the logo, the background, the splash ect. Now what the hell is a developer blah blah and what? $100 for an apple developer? Ok so how do I even get it to share?

You get my point. There is no support. We are on our own. If I was them, I'd just ask for my password, set it up, and complie the god damn piece of cupcake and say, there ya go, your app is ready and in the store.

But hey that's just me because I'm not greedy.

Last update on February 12, 2021 by Paris.
Paris

The joke is on us, when you buy this thing, they say no coding skill, no nothing requried. Here I am coding, digging through documention like amother flower and learning php, scripting, html and eevrything to fix this bitch. Next I'm learning to open google developers and apple developers and ona dn on. When does this end?

On the front they should be honest and say, p[hpfox requires a twinkie of programming skills and programming development skill to get the mobile apps up as well. It aint easy. Buy at your own risk. 

It took me MONTHS to be approved to be able to join this forum.  Should have taken 90 seconds on the first day.  The problem is the structure of the organization.

Be the first person to like this.
Naresh

You shoulda waited for version 5. This version is crippleware. The feed on web is "NOT TRUE INFINITE FEED" . Garbage.

I heard ver 5 is coming soon but man as always, why do I feel like it won't change anything? been here since v3 and never went live for AGES. I am 45 now damn when I was on I was a young man.

Goes to show how successful this crippleware is.

Yeah we are on our own. Expect nothing but forking out more and more $$$.

Shoulda saved that money for another platform. As me and the gang in here, we already wen beyond thousands. Too late to quit now.

True. I have invested so much money in this platform and also so many years. Now I realise that I couldl have easily developed my own site with a good framework like laravel. Its almost impossible to find a good phpfox developer , and when you find they will ask for a bomb to customise. YOUNET is the worse , they asked for $1700 when I asked them for an Indian payment gateway ... lolzzzzz...... feeling trapped.....

Be the first person to like this.