Naresh

I asked for a quotation from YOUNETCO for adding an indian payment gateway. Imagine what they quoted ???? $1700................. lolzzzzzz...... for this much amount I can easily leave phpfox platform and develop my own.

I have purchased plugins worthh more than $1000 from younetco or may be more. My experience is that whenever you ask for something they always askk for a fee or ask for customisation ?????

When I asked for a small custom work in the advanced members module they quoted two $120-200. Which I finally got done in $30 from a developer. Even for payment gateway work I am paying a developer $80. 

I was promised while buying the mobile app that they will do free installation THRICE. Now they have so many stories and are again trying too extract money. So finally I have decided to delete the mobile app because its not a good idea to have a app supplied by a supplier who is not heping and always trying to extract money.

It is not something like money extortion by younetco ?

I wonder how is everybody experience but I am seriously thinking of changing the phpfox platform. The reason is simply YOUNETCO.

Topics: younetco
Ro R

What other platforms are you interested in?

Paris

Lotsa truth there. I was quoted a wordpress login sign up integration. Was quoted 1k.     I ended up hiring a friend to do it for free. He said it only used a cookie and quick database alter code to create account and grab Avatar from the user table. I paid him $100 bucks anyways.

Younetco quotes are expensive as heck. I agree with you man.

I asked for a quotation from YOUNETCO for adding an indian payment gateway. Imagine what they quoted ???? $1700................. lolzzzzzz...... for this much amount I can easily leave phpfox platform and develop my own.

I have purchased plugins worthh more than $1000 from younetco or may be more. My experience is that whenever you ask for something they always askk for a fee or ask for customisation ?????

Last update on February 12, 2021 by Paris.
Naresh

Lotsa truth there. I was quoted a wordpress login sign up integration. Was quoted 1k.     I ended up hiring a friend to do it for free. He said it only used a cookie and quick database alter code to create account and grab Avatar from the user table. I paid him $100 bucks anyways.

Younetco quotes are expensive as heck. I agree with you man.

Not just expensive .... Its absurd !!! :laughing::laughing:

Be the first person to like this.
Naresh

What other platforms are you interested in?

My experience with ready products is that they are never complete and always have issues. So you can never have a serious commercially viable website with them. And its always difficult to find good developers for a ready script. If you ask a new developer to customise your phpfox site , he will have to understand the whole script. And no developer want to get into a new script , just for one project.

Its better to have your own developed site ( with a good framework like laravel ). There are plenty of laravel developers on freelancer and upwork. So firstly its easy to find a developer. There is always a choice of good developers. You are not dependent on a single vendor ( as we are on phpfox and younetco ). And finally you have all the flexibility to change the site as per your wish.

But yes it needs time and money to do all this. Thats why everybody try to purchase a ready product. But I have never come across a commercially successful site build with a ready product.

Jonathan Mitchell

I normally wont spend over $50 for an app..simply because theres a good chance it will become obsolete with the next phpfox upgrade

Naresh

I normally wont spend over $50 for an app..simply because theres a good chance it will become obsolete with the next phpfox upgrade

Yes. Thats a better way to work.

websistema2013

I completely agree with everyone - the support of YouNetCo is very expensive. For example, they charge $ 150-200 for a couple of lines of code. All YouNetCo apps need improvement - there is not a single YouNetCo app that does not require improvement. Many YouNetCo apps are heavy for the site (for example, chat, an extended menu, an extended feed) and incomprehensible to users (for example, a contest app with additional registrations and incomprehensible algorithms for adding works for contests enter users into a stupor). I can continue on....

I have over 150 purchased apps from different developers, including from YouNetCo. Therefore, I would gladly sell my Pro + license with all apps. Firstly, I do not want to be deceived many times, both from phpfox (remember our expectations for a mobile app and what we got from the new team as a result) and from other developers. I'm tired of constantly asking someone to fix app errors, negotiating inadequate prices for fixes, constantly opening the server for them to test and fix errors and settings. Sorry, but it is. 

Before you go out there and complain about it being 'too much' to pay for someone to develop something like this, learn to do it yourself.

Gain the years of experience professionals have, and then come on back and do the work you want done, at the cost you want to have it done (next to nothing). 

$50 for an addon is reasonable, assuming that it works. If it breaks,then contact the developer and have them fix it.

Naresh

Yes I am learning and want to get out of this mess.  You are not blackmailed when you have your own code and know where the changes are required. Fully agree with you.