Most users when uploading a photo, don't bother changing the name/title of a photo. So it shows as DSC_98769.jpg in bold text.

A description is fine, but I want to eliminate the Title of photo part. How can I do this?

Thank you.

Topics: photo app, title
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

The photo needs a title as that is stored in the database.  If one is not given then it is assigned one which the user can change late through edit feature.  So you can't remove the title, but you could use CSS to not show it.  Do you know how to use firefox inspector?

Yes I can use Firefox inspector. But which CSS file is the one to modify? Thanks for your response John.

JohnJr

Ok, here is a real-world example.  Use firefox inspector on this page for the time area listed on each post.   Then look for unique CSS that would be hopefully only for this page.  For example, you would use a body CSS value as it would affect lots of different pages/areas.  So in this case I am going to copy the CSS rule:

.forum-app.detail .forum_outer-inner .item-time {
    color:rgb(162,162,162);
    font-size: 12px;
    line-height: 16px;
}

I will delete all the stuff I want to keep or not changing so it ends up like this.

}

Then I add (Display: none) so it ends up like this.

display: none;
}

Now go to your cloned theme (you never want to do changes to your main theme so you clone it first).  Then edit that theme and click on the CSS editor and in the left panel go to the end and hit one carriage return/enter and then paste your new CSS and hit save.  This will not get written over when you upgrade phpfox.

Make sure you understand and use this page to test it out.  When you open inspector add that additional CSS line in the right panel of inspector  and watch the time disappear.  You can do all kinds of CSS testing and it is erased when you refresh the page as it is only in the browser and not in the actual code.  Hope this helps.

Last update on February 19, 2021 by JohnJr.

Thank you so much. It took me a while, but eventually I could do it. I appreciate your help.