Could anyone lead me to some manuals/explanation about how to create the mobile app on my machine? I have bought the ultimate package and now I can access to to it, but I need to play it in my local machine before making it available to my users.

It should be for dummies like me because I only know php.

Be the first person to like this.

After some searching and googling (is that same word? :) ), I finally could manage to start. Now I have downloaded Phpfox Android app installed on my smartphoe.

I have changed the address to my live website, but after that I was directed to the next screen where the a circling is spinning and spinning forever.

So, I am stuck here.

Anyone could lead to the correct path?

Bill Kochman

Koern, it seems like maybe you are misunderstanding something here. When you pay the $1060.00 to upgrade to the "Ultimate" version -- as I did last month -- that is so that the phpFox company can build the iOS and Android apps FOR YOU. In other words, you do NOT need to build the apps yourself. That is why you are paying so much money: to have them build the apps.

Using the white label Android app is probably NOT going to work -- thus the spinning progress wheel -- because I don't think that there is any code in that app to tell it to go to your specific website URL.

The very first thing that you need to do is to create all of the necessary assets for your iOS and Android apps -- meaning about 30 different-sized graphics -- and then submit them to the phpFox development team. You can learn more about that here:

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/How+to+request+to+build+your+Premium+Mobile+app

After that, you also need to pay Apple $100/year to open an Apple Developer account. You also need to pay a one-time fee of $25.00 to open a Google Developer account as well.

All of this, and more, is explained at the above phpFox URL.

Once you meet all of the phpFox asset requirements, it takes the phpFox development team one or two days to actually build your apps. Right now, I and my friends are beta testing the first iOS build of my app for my site at https://www.csnet.live. The Android version of the app hasn't been built yet.

Just follow the instructions at the above phpFox link, do everything right, and then be patient. I hope this helps.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the very detail explanation, it is very helpful.

Actually I am now working on preparing the assets, meanwhile I also use the phpfox app to check on my site in local machine. Actually it is working and it connects nicely. Now I am trying to install reactotron to debug because I am trying to integrate my own app with the mobile app.

Bill Kochman

Great! Glad to have been of help to you. :)

JohnJr

Great job Bill, you will have to keep me updated on the progress as you are the first person I know of getting this far.  I have too many hacks to use their app so I used the android studio and did an emulation of the site (I think that is the correct word).  It only took about 30 minutes to do and it was free.  But, it is only for the android device which sucks.  Also, it not a true app...it just looks like your website that you can put in the google store so it like having a icon/shortcut on your phone I guess without the app functions with your phone.  Although there is some code I have to learn to at least get the back button on the phone to work.

Looking at the push function montly cost for some of these emulation software makes phpfox cost a good way to go.

Bill Kochman

Great job Bill, you will have to keep me updated on the progress as you are the first person I know of getting this far.  I have too many hacks to use their app so I used the android studio and did an emulation of the site (I think that is the correct word).  It only took about 30 minutes to do and it was free.  But, it is only for the android device which sucks.  Also, it not a true app...it just looks like your website that you can put in the google store so it like having a icon/shortcut on your phone I guess without the app functions with your phone.  Although there is some code I have to learn to at least get the back button on the phone to work.

Looking at the push function montly cost for some of these emulation software makes phpfox cost a good way to go.

Hello John. Well, I must say that I am surprised to hear you say that. That is, that I am the first one to make it this far. Why is that exactly? Do you know?

I honestly don't know exactly how many phpFox admins there are. But going by the participation in this forum over the past few months, I get the impression that there aren't a lot. And from what I can tell, being a Mac-based admin myself, it certainly seems like I am a lone soul here. I haven't come across any other Mac admins that I am aware of.

Is it just that the other admins here don't have the level of experience to do what needs to be done in order to get the apps made? That doesn't seem to make sense, because I get the impression that some of them -- such as yourself -- have a lot more experience with phpFox than I do. I just followed the instructions on the aforementioned page, and continually wrote to phpFox when there were things that I didn't fully understand. I just persevered and didn't stop until they gave me the answers I needed. It does take a lot of patience.

From the financial side of it, once an admin pays the $1060.00 upgrade fee, phpFox is legally obligated to get the apps made, so I don't see why there would be a problem there. So again I ask, why haven't others made it this far? I am stumped.

JohnJr

They may have...they just don't post it here I guess.  I got your email to test it out but I don't have a apple phone.  I really don't have a phone to test since my kids have galaxy s9 and my motherinlaw has a galaxy s10 and I have a

Galaxy S5

so sad.... :)

haven't found a reason to upgrade yet ;)

Last update on March 8, 2021 by JohnJr.
Bill Kochman

They may have...they just don't post it here I guess.  I got your email to test it out but I don't have a apple phone.  I really don't have a phone to test since my kids have galaxy s9 and my motherinlaw has a galaxy s10 and I have a

Galaxy S5

so sad.... :)

haven't found a reason to upgrade yet ;)

John, thanks for responding. You will be able to help me with testing once I have the first build of the Android version of the CSNet app. I am not sure how soon that will be. Maybe this week? Once I do have the first Android build, I will send out another email invitation to all of our Christian Social Network members. The Galaxy does run the Android OS, right?