Karl Kunc

When a subscription expires and the user is using the mobile apps, It will not allow the user to do anything on the mobile apps even though the fallback to the subscription is a normal registered user. By anything I mean modify user settings access to notifications and other items. Also there is no way in the admin CP to cancel and expired subscription. You can cancel active subscriptions but you cannot cancel a expired subscription. The only way I see to remedy the situation for the user is have them re-enable and pay for a subscription and then have them cancel the subscription to me refund it which is ridiculous. Am I missing something? Also the user has no option to cancel the subscription in the web version?. I know there is a place in the mobile apps to cancel your subscription under account setting but since you are locked out of all the configuration settings when your subscription expires there's no way to go in there and do that. 

Last update on February 22, 2021 by Karl Kunc.
JohnJr

Need to know info...

Be the first person to like this.
Karl Kunc

Main system version 4.8.3. most current app version as well. Everything updated to newest version. 

Hannah

Hi Karl Kunc,

When an account expired, the system will downgrade this user to the Failure user group that you configured in the corresponding subscription package (in AdminCP). It means that the permission of an expired account depends on the permission that you granted for the failure user group.

Please check the configuration for *[User Group on Failure] to make sure it works correctly.

Regards,

Hannah

Attachments
Karl Kunc

Yes, I understand that. The fallback in this case is a registered user. The problem is I can give a person with an expired subscription administrator rights and they still won't have access via the apps to do certain things. I literally changes the user group to administrator and logged in as the user via the apps and I could not access any configuration settings or notifications ect. But when I had to upgrade the account via another subscription and then cancel it, everything worked when it sent them back down to a registered user. 

Hannah

Hi Karl Kunc,

We did not get your opinions. Could you explain the below things:

1. What permissions that you grant for "subscription administrator rights"?

2. What configuration settings or notifications that the user could not access when his account is expired?

3. What app that you mentioned in "and logged in as the user via the apps ", is it phpFox mobile app?

Please kindly open a support ticket with your adminCP information and the expired account information so we can check this issue.

Regards,

Hannah