Naresh

I am planning to start subscription system. The issue I found is that we cannot change the subscription charges ( package cost ) once users have purchased it. Then how we can change the applicable package charges ? Any option for that ?

Topics: subscription
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

That is the way it suppose to be done.  You shouldn't be allowed to change a subscription as it is a binding contract of sort.  I thought you were able to change the initial cost to join but you could not change the renewal price on current members.  This stops people saying first month is a dollar and two dollars after that and then you go in and change it to ten dollars a months might get you in trouble. 

You can create a new subscription and if I remember correctly.  I remember someone asking the ability to move multiple users over but I don't think that ever happened.

I found the thread....maybe it will explain more.  Sorry.

https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/58199/issue-with-subscription-editing/

Naresh

Thanks buddy :).

Jonathan Mitchell

use to have the option to set 1st month as free or as a different price from monthly recurring price. This was great because users could try your site out as a trial 1st.  Doesnt look like we can set that like that anymore

Jonathan Mitchell

also something to note with offering subscriptions, make sure your members know that if they wish to end the subscription, they have to do it through their paypal dashboard.. if they cancel their account on your site or you delete them, paypal still keeps charging them.

JohnJr

That is not good.  Maybe it should indicate that somewhere like when they cancel or you cancel their account.