Hi all, 

Is it possible to change the column widths? 

I want to make the main(middle) column thinner, and the right column wider. 

I've tried googling and checking this forum, but everything I could find seems to be outdated to me.

Many thanks, 

Paul

Be the first person to like this.
Vinny

Hi Paul,

Good day to you!

Currently, we do not support for this function. If you are going to "Changing column widths", we can help  you do that via custom work which incurs additional cost.

All you need is submit ticket and send to us a detail request.

Should you have any questions, feel free to let us know.

Vinny Ms.

Haha, I didn't know phpFox was trying to make money in the community forum now.

I was hoping for some community advice, but thank you anyway.

Paul

JohnJr

Paul, I did not comment previously because I have tried it a few times and it always caused too many issues because some pages have different CSS divs based on the current page called.  If it was just one entry then it would easy but it is not.  At the time it also affected the mobile web version (not the app) as well because I accidentally changed the wrong div that affected both. This was back about two years ago so maybe things have changed.

I did see this theme at the time but I liked my current theme already so I didn't purchase it.  But, it looks very interesting.

https://store.phpfox.com/themes/creative-theme-full-width

Hi John, 

Thank you for your response! Yes i had a look and it seemed like there were multiple different locations to edit in the CSS. Felt slightly out of my depth.

Thanks for the clarity though, given that it's a messy change, I think we'll just work with what we've got and make it work.

Thanks again!

Paul

This is something which I would also like to be able to do. Currently, I use YouNetCo's Facebook Clone template. The problem is that the left column is too narrow. As a result, when it lists all of the "Shortcuts" names, it only displays the first part of each link. This is confusing to my members, because some links begin with the same words, so you can't tell what is what. At the very least, if the column width cannot easily be widened by the site Admin, then at least wrap the link names so that the full name of the link can be seen.