Why is it that I keep getting the "Your site cannot install this product" whenever I am informed of updates to default apps or default themes? This has happened before, and it just happened again.

This time, I was informed that updates were available for three apps, as well as for one theme. The apps are Facebook Connect, Photos and phpFox CKEditor. The theme is the "Material" theme.

The Facebook Connect and phpFox CKEditor apps updated without a problem. However, with both the "Photos" app and the "Material" theme, I get the "Your site cannot install this product" error. I am using the latest version of phpFox -- 4.8.3 -- so I don't know why I keep getting this message.

Is this a matter once again of the phpFox not updating their server so that it recognizes that my phpFox installation is compatible with the aforementioned updates?

Be the first person to like this.
Vinny

Hi Bill,

Please be advised that the new release of photo module and "Material" theme is only compatible with phpFox version 4.8.4 which will be ready very soon.That was why you get the trouble with the upgradation these apps.

A details of release note will be published on our blog at https://www.phpfox.com/blog/, you can keep an eye on it to stay updated.

BTW, thanks for your report too.

Vinny Ms.

Vinny, I mean no disrespect to you, but if the app ugrades cannot be installed with the current version of phpFox, then they should NOT yet appear as upgrade options on the installed apps page, or under the Admin notification menu. It is very confusing.

In the future, please don't announce app upgrades on the installed apps page, or in the Admin notifcation menu, UNTIL the compatible version of phpFox is available for us to download and install.

This is just plain common sense. You DON'T make something available, or advertise it, if it cannot even be installed yet.

Thank you.

Vinny

Hi Bill,

Yes, there was some mistakes with our notification system but be assured that you won't receive any announcements about app upgradation till the next release officially comes out. I really respect your feedback and apology for this incovenience.

Have a nice day and be safe Bill.

Vinny Ms.