Is it possible to encrypt fields in the database (like passwords are encrypted) for these fields:

• Firsrt Name
  • Last Name
  • Address
  • Phone Number
  • Paypal Email
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Good question.

I just thought it would be a safer way to store customer data.

Hannah

Hi jasongeek,

We would like to note that phpFox script does not support this feature by default. In my opinion, the user information such as user name, last name... display in a lot of places in phpFox site. And if we encrypt this information, we need to decrypt it before showing so it will reduce the performance of your site. Furthermore, there are many ways to make your data safer than encrypting these pieces of information, such as:

- You can consider applying some security configurations to your database and your server.

- Do not allow remote access with ROOT account (to your server), only accept from some sources.

However, if you really want to implement this feature, we would like to provide you customization service. In this case, please feel free to open a ticket for this requirement.

Regards, 

Hannah

JohnJr

Hannah, after a few minutes researching it (like 10 minutes) I realized it would be better to encrypt through the server like you mentioned.  Although, this will be put on the backburner until the site gets HUGE ;)