Liviu

Hi all.

I am now in the process of getting my app reviewed by Apple. By Google play all went smooth but for the guys from apple they ask me in order to have my app approved to remove the gender and DOB fields or to make them optional.

They claim that those data are not necesary for the core functionality of the site. But without them I lose the member search capability based on age and sex and also the birthday reminder.

Did anyone go before through this issue with them

Or how can I make those fields optional?

I can see that the Phpfox apps (for phpfox.com) that are on the App Store only require : Name, username, email and password in order  to register an account.

Last update on May 23, 2021 by Liviu.
Be the first person to like this.

good question I would be worried about the minimum age. without birthdate how do you know the person isnt 9 years old. That would seem to open up legal problems and is strange for Apple to have that positon.

BTW do you have a great phpfox developer that actualy answers and wants to be paid to do some site redesign?
I contacted some but its been days and no answer

Be the first person to like this.
Liviu

good question I would be worried about the minimum age. without birthdate how do you know the person isnt 9 years old. That would seem to open up legal problems and is strange for Apple to have that positon.

BTW do you have a great phpfox developer that actualy answers and wants to be paid to do some site redesign?
I contacted some but its been days and no answer

I opted out the gender and DOB fields from admin > registration settings and made an appeal to Apple and got the App approved so I have the apps for android and iOS live now.

As for the age limit I only can write on terms and condition that we don't allow members below 18 years of age. 

Further in the app I'll try to make some custom module where it says all the time that the profile is only like 20% completed and make the member to complete those details after registration.

Speeking about developers I don't use and don't look for any. I only use what phpfox provide as products and support.

I don't want to mix any developer work on the script as  I don't have time and money to deal with incompatibility.

I only focus now to grow the community! Later on if I'll have revenue from this maybe I will hire a full time in house developer.