metro

PayPal has blocked one of my social business accounts which they refuse to discuss with me and keep telling me to have subscribers pay using a different system. This paypal account has been associated with the site since 2010 and in the entire period has had 4 disputes; the last being in 2017. 

According to PayPal their "Security algorithim detected some unusal activity".

What other alternative payment processors are yall using?

Does anybody know of a good developer who can create a gateway for:

1. Payoneer

2. Flutterwave

Thinking of it, why arent other payment systems built into phpFox?

Thanks.

Last update on May 25, 2021 by metro.
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

I am hoping for at least two payment options in V5 for the core product without using an addon would be nice...being modern and all (hint: Stripe)

Although there is this option, with too many options for me  :)

https://store.phpfox.com/apps/advanced-payment-gateway-v4-younetco

metro

Please please please tell me that you are not holding your breath for that. In 15 years they have only had PayPal, seiously dude, you need to share that hallucination drug. For real!  

I would vote for:

Flutterwave

Skrill

Payoneer

Stripe

Strictly based on the niche of that network.

I am hoping for at least two payment options in V5 for the core product without using an addon would be nice...being modern and all (hint: Stripe)

Although there is this option, with too many options for me  :)

https://store.phpfox.com/apps/advanced-payment-gateway-v4-younetco

JohnJr

You always make me laugh Metro.  Did I ever tell you my kids were fanatics with scooby doo.  We had the dvds of the entire seasons and all the movies.  I still have in the basement a brand new pinanta of Scooby Doo that I purchased for one of their birthdays. When they found out they would have to break it open to get the candy, neither of them wanted anything to do with hitting Scooby Doo.

metro

Don't make me cry BLOODIE MURDER!!!! Why would a dad want to teach their kids to beat a dog to death?  I still have the whole original VHS series and a life long supply of PJs to go with it. 

they need to add crypto as an option...

I run my own token and would be willing to discuss with them the benefits.... all we would need is a form admin side to put contract address, receiving wallet address and amount.  then client side items to engage web3 and send..

Vinny

Hi All,

Your comments about adding new payment gateways into phpFox default platform has been noted from our end and in this thread, I want to collect your idea about this master as well. Except Paypal, according to you, which global payment gateways need to add in next phpFox versions?

Hope to receive your thoughts.

Regards,

Vinny Ms.

JohnJr

Vinny,  I hope your decision will be decided by facts.  By that I mean, what online payment services are being used the most currently, as that is what our currect users want and complain about the most.  Just google "top online website payment services" and you will see what everyone is using now.

metro

The challenge I see is that most ecommerce websites are US based. Being a global business, I find that due to US FTC banking regulations, the payment processors that are US favoured do not accept, or rather, treat every other country traders as hostile entities.

As an example, I have a truly global site whose members buy products from China and raw materials from Africa. These two markets are blocked by PayPal, and trading with them on my paypal site, rendered the site useless, as the phpFox site goes to jail leteraly any time I transfer funds from the Paypal account to my US bank account. I guess, paypal thinks I am laundering or "washing" money.

In my Social Engine website, I use PayPal, Skrill and Payoneer. 

Paypal for US members because It is a US company

Skrill for EU member states because it is a UK company

Payoneer for the world over because they are friendly to what Trump called "sh!thole" countries.

So, to sum my vote, I would definitely add Payoneer and Skrill.

Last update on August 8, 2021 by metro.
metro

Forgot to add Flutterwave which a few months ago received $170 million in funding, and have an agreement with PayPal to handle Africa transactions https://dig.watch/updates/flutterwave-partners-paypal-allow-african-merchants-accept-and-make-payments

The challenge I see is that most ecommerce websites are US based. Being a global business, I find that due to US FTC banking regulations, the payment processors that are US favoured do not accept, or rather, treat every other country traders as hostile entities.

As an example, I have a truly global site whose members buy products from China and raw materials from Africa. These two markets are blocked by PayPal, and trading with them on my paypal site, rendered the site useless, as the phpFox site goes to jail leteraly any time I transfer funds from the Paypal account to my US bank account. I guess, paypal thinks I am laundering or "washing" money.

In my Social Engine website, I use PayPal, Skrill and Payoneer. 

Paypal for US members because It is a US company

Skrill for EU member states because it is a UK company

Payoneer for the world over because they are friendly to what Trump called "sh!thole" countries.

So, to sum my vote, I would definitely add Payoneer and Skrill.

Hi All,

Your comments about adding new payment gateways into phpFox default platform has been noted from our end and in this thread, I want to collect your idea about this master as well. Except Paypal, according to you, which global payment gateways need to add in next phpFox versions?

Hope to receive your thoughts.

Regards,

Vinny Ms.

I say Gpay would be better than PayPal since most people who uses Chrome already have their card information saved, even if you don't have a Gpay account, you can easily hit pay with Google which people trust Google more than PayPal. I've had issues with PayPal, they will take your money and throw all kind of loopholes so they won't have to pay you back. Rid them please.

JohnJr

"Rid them please"

Sorry for your issues but they do have millions of users, and I used them in my previous business. I had over 2200 customers and over 1.2 million dollars processed through PayPal without any issues that I lost.  I am not saying I didn't have any issues but they always listen, and though I had to provide proof they always turned to my favor since I as not doing anything wrong.  Here are some stats which shows that there will be some that end up getting screwed by them, but that is because a lot of people use them, and some people are not honest and that can be on the buyers side as well as the seller side. I don't think it would be a great idea to get rid of them.  But, I do think would we should have some additional options and Gpay is moving up fast with about half the users which is a good sign and might be the future.

• PayPal currently has 361 million active users.
  • The average PayPal user conducts 40 transactions per year.
  • 87.5% of online buyers use PayPal.
  • PayPal had $5.46 billion in net revenue in 2020
  • PayPal accounts for 22% of online transactions in the US.
  • The average PayPal user has $485 in their account.
Last update on August 15, 2021 by JohnJr.
metro

PayPal, like most financial institutions, are thugs. They ain't your mommas keeper. But, it is always good to know the devil that you know than the angel that you don;t; until the angel becomes a devil. PayPal is not going anywhere soon, keep them! Just add onto them. Think global!

Don't know about other countries, but in India, Paypal doesn't allow domestic transactions. Also, there are issues with bank linking in Paypal India. I got custom work done to integrate PayU, but it could not be integrated fully. 

Request to phpFox (have been asking it for a long time) - Please integrate a payment gateway for India. The most popular ones are PayU, Razorpay, Paytm, Citruspay, BillDesk