I just upgraded to the latest version of phpfox and when i look in the cache folder i only see one folder by itself called prod....

Is this normal?

Topics: cache, phpfox
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

I would think not if you opened up several areas/modules/apps on your site.  If it was right after you cleared the cache then maybe.

I keep refreshing, the only folder in there is "prod" folder...

even in my back ups only one folder

JohnJr

Are you having issues moving around the site?  Currently in mine I have folders prod, dev, less, donation and I use redis.

it was just upgraded and is pretty fast, now and then it hangs on the member index page. so you only have a few folders also? I havent upgraded for about 8 years and im used to seeing 30 or so folders and a bunch of files in the cache. 

JohnJr

My Cache went to a minimum after I set up Redis, and reduced my memory usage on my server 50% - 75%.

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Redis

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Cache+Options

yea i had redis before but had a MAJOR issue that killed the momentum of my site and its members. Like a dumbass I listen to member who was a mod or whatever here and went to socialengine. she told me how good socialengine was so i moved my site over to SE. What a nightmare, what a crap script. So I moved back to phpfox and had redis. well my members were accidentally loging into other users accounts. It was a nightmare and my site lost a lot of members because of it. so im nervous about redis

JohnJr

That seems very weird because if I remember correctly Redis is just a memory-based system instead of a file-based system which makes it faster and it did.  Logging into other accounts would be a database thing than a Redis thing I would think but what I do I know...nothing according to my wife and kids LOL

yea it was a nightmare, i was freaking out...