Sean Brai

Is or has anyone encountered issues with v4.85 not installing. I get all the way to processing apps and when it gets to processing 174/176 the screen goes blank and all I get is processing..... nothing.... See attached. Open ears to any solution. It has been stuck like this for over an hour.

Last update on June 1, 2021 by Sean Brai.
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Is this an upgrade or fresh install?  Did you shut off all the 3rd party apps?  Did you change the permissions of the folders listed here?

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Installing+phpFox

Sorry to ask but this may affect the answer you're looking for.

Sean Brai

New install, only program apps to be installed and all permissions set to 777. I have been using PHPFox for a long time, so at this point no question is a stupid one.

Sean Brai

Here is a real dick punch. I just removed 4.85 and installed 4.710 and it works perfectly. WTF!

JohnJr

Damn...I just deleted all my files and database and redid it with a fresh install and then deleted it all again and imported my original database and then copied my backup files into my webroot in...drumroll please...14 minutes.

Sorry to say even though I am tired and forget to change the permissions or anything on that link I gave you...

It still installed all 176 apps, and I was able to view my site.  Sorry...has to be your server.

What PHP are you using?  Although, you said you installed 4.710 so that wouldn't make sense.

Sean Brai

I first tried php8, no go. Then I tried php7.2 the recommended version, no go. I tried php 7.4, no go. F*CK IT! Installed v4.710 on php php7.2. WE HAVE A WINNER!

Definitely an F2IK situation

Last update on June 1, 2021 by Sean Brai.
JohnJr

Sorry for all your issues.  I attempted to send you a friend request but there was an error saying I couldn't send it to you.  But, then again I don't know if it works the same as it did in the old days saying notifications when a friend post.  Either way I posted this a couple of weeks ago.

https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/58376/php-7-4-3/

Sean Brai

I just sent you a friend request.