I have encountered a new problem. A few of my users have signed up with my site using their Apple ID. While I am not certain, I believe that this option is only made available to users who are using the iPhone version of my CSNet app.

The problem is that this creates really weird user email addresses. But more importantly, when I attempt to email these users by clicking on their Apple ID email address on the Members page in the AdminCP, Apple's mail server is rejecting my sent email and is not delivering it to the user, with the error message that it will not accept relayed mail. Here is an example:

----------

Message not delivered

Your message couldn't be delivered to zycxbr4jjh@privaterelay.appleid.com because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.1 Relay not allowed

----------

So, I would like to disable allowing my new users -- or any user for that matter -- from being able to use their Apple ID email address. How do I do this? Is there a setting somewhere in the AdminCP, or is this something that is built into the CSNet app itself?

Last update on June 14, 2021 by Bill Kochman.
Be the first person to like this.
Kidd wicked

Admin CP>apps>installed>mobile API>settings> scroll to bottom and flip the apple setting to no

Thank you very much! A very quick and easy solution. I knew I had seen it somewhere. I just couldn't remember where. I was actually looking in the user registration settings.

Since I have you on the horn, let me ask you a related login question.

Aside from requesting custom work, is there a way to make my login banners appear on my mobile app's login page, as they do in the web version of my site?

And one more:

In the web version of my site, on the main news feed page --- or Home page -- I have a number of image in block one on the left side of the main content area. Short of again requesting custom work, is there a way to make those images visible in my app version as well?

Kidd wicked

The apps don't have that option. It is custom work to add stuff to the login matrix I believe. Is you want all that stuff it may be easier to create PWA's instead of using the apps to connect to the site. But you will lose some functionality and speed with PWAs but you will gain some as well. Just need to weigh the options and look at your configuration. Like if you have live streaming I would definitely not consider PWAs. But if you have just a generic setup it might be a viable option. But then you have to look into asset handling to keep your speed up. Redis or something along those lines. 

I'm sorry, but what exactly is a PWA?

My iPhone and Android phone apps are a vital part of my phpFox site, the reason being that according to Google's statistics, close to 80% of traffic coming to my main website is from people using mobile devices, and only about 20% comes from people using desktop and laptop computers. What a huge difference compared to even ten years ago.