I know I have seen this setting somewhere, but I have searched for it high and low in the AdminCP, and I just can't seem to find it. My self-hosted web server and phpFox site is in a very secure location. No one has access to it but me. While having it set to time out at 60 minutes may be good for some Admins, in my case, it is too short and an annoyance, because I am constantly going to the AdminCP to do things. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

We use to have Site Session but all I can find is Active Session now.  Sorry.

Vinny

Hi Bill,

The setting  "Set the Length of Time Before an Admin is Logged Out?"  does not exist in AdminCP, it belongs to configuration file: PF.Base/file/settings/server.sett.php:

// AdminCP time out in minutes
$_CONF['core.admincp_timeout'] = ...

Regrads,

Vinny Ms.

Thank you very much, Vinny. I appreciate your response. I knew I had seen that setting somewhere.

So, a related question:

If I change that setting, will it be lost when I upgrade phpFox, or will my setting be retained?

JohnJr

Now that response from Vinny was pretty awesome support.  I am copying that code to my excel spreadsheet just in case I need it in the future!

John, while I do have a macOS "Numbers" file -- Numbers is the macOS equivalent of an Excel spreadsheet -- where I  store phrases changes, when it comes to solutions like this one which often involve more than one step, I have a folder called "phpFox How To's" where I store BBEdit text files. Each text file contains step-by-step instructions for how to perform a particular task, or achieve a particular objective. The name of each of these text files begins with "How to" and is followed by a brief description of what the instructions contained therein will do. It is a simple, straightforward, easy system which helps me to remember how to do certain things.