Naresh

How can we disbale a profile update information in the feed ? Its very annoying and the feed is full of these information only. 

Topics: feed
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

I highly recommend this App to control your feeds and it works with 3rd party apps as well.  Just remember it also affects feeds in other areas as well like groups and pages.  So if you bypass events it will remove all events but if you bypass say groups.cover then it only affects that.  So you need to be specific but it does show a list of feed posts so you remove the correct item.

https://store.phpfox.com/apps/feed-bypass

Naresh

OK. Will check. Thanks.

Vinny

Hi Naresh,

In order to disallow the post "someone updated his/her profile information" to appear in the main feed, please refer the path: From AdminCP>Members>Manage Settings>Find the setting "Enable Creating Feed After User Update Profile" and turn it off.

Have a good  day ahead and stay safe!

Vinny Ms.

Naresh

Thanks. You just saved me $29 :):)

Naresh

Thanks. I just disabled it. Will it be applicable for the future updates or will not show any such in the feed ? I checkd and found that previous profile updates are being displayed.

Vinny

Hi Naresh,

Due to you just toggled it on, so the setting will be applied for the user's profile  future updates.

Regards,

Vinny Ms.

Naresh

OK. Thanks.

JohnJr

Also just found this new setting as well.  Although, I still need the other App for 3rd party items. But this is better since the app only bypasses the feed where this stops the feed from being created :)  Thanks!

Enable Creating Feed After Users Update Relationship
Naresh

Oh Great !! Thanks :thumbsup: