I just tried to update 4.8.2 to 4.8.6 and it's not going into setup. I went to the URL as instructed (www.xxxxxxx.com/index.php?phpfox-upgrade=true and it takes me back to the sign up/sign on page and in the CP it still shows me running 4.8.2. Any ideas what I did wrong? I did everything as per the instructions.

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Did you follow these instructions?

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Upgrading+Your+phpFox+Website

Are you using a pc or mac?

Sounds like maybe you didn't copy over your files if it goes back to the signup page. 

IMPORTANT...make sure you made a backup of your site before upgrading.

I have full and incremental backups from day one and used the instructions shown in the link.

I FTP the archived file over and unzipped it onto the server, making sure the permissions are right from the PC platform.

I have full and incremental backups from day one and used the instructions shown in the link.

I FTP the archived file over and unzipped it onto the server, making sure the permissions are right from the PC platform.

JohnJr

"incremental backups from day one"

Damn, I feel like a slacker as a server admin...LOL.

Stills sounds like to me the files are not being written over.  One thing to try to be sure that it isn't a server permission issue is to find a file and hopefully, phpfox will chime in and tell us a file that always gets written over and add a comment on the top of the file like <--HLT was here in 2021--> and then try to unzip the file again and see if it is written over.

Sounds like you are having one of those days too. The site went down due to a bad hard drive on the dedicated server. I'm backing up getting ready to migrate to a newer server with more power to it.

Sounds like you are having one of those days too. The site went down due to a bad hard drive on the dedicated server. I'm backing up getting ready to migrate to a newer server with more power to it.

I got it done once I cleared my head a bit. Running a social network site and being an owner operator truck driver at the same time is not the easiest tasks to undertake at the same time.