Naresh

Dear friends,

There is a setting in the registration form on the admin . I have selected username in the dropdown , which means I dont want username field in the registration. But it is still showing ? How to disable the username ? and how we can enale username field ( vanity url facility ) after registration ?

Be the first person to like this.

Dear friends,

There is a setting in the registration form on the admin . I have selected username in the dropdown , which means I dont want username field in the registration. But it is still showing ? How to disable the username ? and how we can enale username field ( vanity url facility ) after registration ?

If you don't want user name you select full name. It's asking which do you want to allow. Full name, username or both. You need to select full name. If you have already created a user name it will still show on that profile. Try selecting full name then try to register as a new member.

JohnJr

Yes, Randy is correct if my old brain is remember correctly :)

Naresh

It still did not worked. Any other way to do it ?

Attachments

That is display name, not user name, so you want members to use first and last name instead?

It still did not worked. Any other way to do it ?

In the admin panel,

1: Go to search bar, search the words "full name"

2: You should see full name or display name. Choose full name.

Last update on August 17, 2021 by Randy Carr.
Naresh

That is display name, not user name, so you want members to use first and last name instead?

I just want email and password during registration. NO username of full name.

I just want email and password during registration. NO username of full name.

without username or name members wouldn't have profiles. 

You could use @username and have a developer change the word username to @youremail (do not add  the @ symbol)

Then they confirm the email again in the email input.

But I'm sure you would have to work with a developer to make it work. Developer: Kibcode I recommend for something like this.

Naresh

OK. Thanks for your time. :)