Jonathan Mitchell

does anyone know where I can change the registration default privacy settings?  to be specific, need to change "Who can view your friends' list?" to [no one] .....while having everything else set to Friends Only   ..  

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

I have the same issue.  You would think we could set up defaults that can't be changed for all the privacy settings.  I have that issue as well, plus I tried the one way friend relationship which seemed to work for my situation except...

You can't reassigned a Group Page to one of your friends as the friend doesn't show up in the select box, but you can give them money/points all you want with no issues.  They can send you messages but you can't reply which seems odd.

They need to revisit the friends app and might look at reusing functions in wrong area.

Jonathan Mitchell

yeah, theres too many setting to control privacy to the point where you change one and it overrides another, or maybe it doesnt override it..its hit and miss... 

spirog

Hi Guys did you try this in Admincp Settings Registraion Settings

User Default Privacy Setting on Registration

set this to No one

Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-24 033332.png 289.93 Kb . 22 Views
spirog

does anyone know where I can change the registration default privacy settings?  to be specific, need to change "Who can view your friends' list?" to [no one] .....while having everything else set to Friends Only   ..  

Hi there Jonathan,

I replied but did not specifically reply to you but read above this post 

did you try this in registration settings

JohnJr

Spirog,

Jonathan was trying to control "Who can view your friends' list?".

On my site, I don't want users to see other user's friends, I have spent many hours changing code to stop all these pop-ups windows from displaying their friends...friends. Including on the profile page friends list.

Jonathan Mitchell

yes, problem is, I dont want every privacy item setting set to no one

Hi there Jonathan,

I replied but did not specifically reply to you but read above this post 

did you try this in registration settings