There was issue reported in 2020 about the one way friendship feature. If user (A) add user (B) as a friend instead of user (A) seeing user (B) feed, user (B) is forced to see user A feed. Which doesn't even make sense. Because somebody add me as a friend why would I want to see their post and didn't request to see it? Issue reported in 2020 and it still hasn't been fixed🤦

Be the first person to like this.

😂😂They need to because I'm hurting my brain trying to figure a reason they have it set as it currently is.

JohnJr

Looking for a comment from PhpFox :)

I pray they include it in the next release. That's a very important feature of a site. I wish a Developer would just create a follow system that is able to work with the friend system.🤦 All of these issues are stressing me out.

Vinny

Hi All,

We will re-check the feature and give you our comments soonest.  

Regards,

Vinny Ms.

JohnJr

I am hoping for a better understanding of how this can actually be used.  Thanks.

OR hear me out - how about a follow system - like IG - someone follows me but I don't have to follow them back. SIMPLE

OR hear me out - how about a follow system - like IG - someone follows me but I don't have to follow them back. SIMPLE

I agree, but if the site has that kind of follow system the way phpfox has the settings is still complicated. Without the friend system members who create pages and groups will not have the ability to assign admin because you can only add admin which are your friend on the site, and without the friend system it's impossible 🤦 phpfox needs to add more setting options to their product and save us all a headache. Sites these days are not using a friends system it is so outdated. If Facebook get rid of the friend feature only then will phpfox follow their lead and add it as a feature.

JohnJr

Still no answer...

I want a business profile (maybe a group) to be able to have friends (override friends only community) so all other users can see their feed or post if they become friends or follow them.  I don't want their stuff on the business feed and I don't want anyone who is following them to be seen.  Not sure how this can be accomplished.

But I am still waiting for an explanation on this thread from phpfox.

Still no answer...

I want a business profile (maybe a group) to be able to have friends (override friends only community) so all other users can see their feed or post if they become friends or follow them.  I don't want their stuff on the business feed and I don't want anyone who is following them to be seen.  Not sure how this can be accomplished.

I'm having a similar plug-in developed by younetco, but I will have a whitelist of pages that all members automatically follow once joining the site. Also removing the unlike button of all pages that are on the list. I have been forced to change a lot of things because of these terrible settings. Or will just have to invest to have my requirements.

JohnJr

Hi All,

We will re-check the feature and give you our comments soonest.  

Regards,

Vinny Ms.

Vinny, since this is a phpfox feature.  I would hope someone there knows why it was created, how it works, and when to use it.

Still no answer...

Can you explain more about the feature You're wanting to have? If I'm reading correctly you may be able to set That in the settings

JohnJr

Randy,

Thanks for the response.  The friends only setting overrides everything.  I have done some hacking to do some of the areas to bypass it depending on what group membership they are in.  Even tried the one way friendship which kind of worked but they are unable to message each other as the original poster of this thread asked about the one way friendship.  That is why I can't understand why they can't explain it in full because it seems useless until someone tells me why it was created.  But three months later still no answer.

thanks for caring Randy...I thought I was the only one left here :)

Randy,

Thanks for the response.  The friends only setting overrides everything.  I have done some hacking to do some of the areas to bypass it depending on what group membership they are in.  Even tried the one way friendship which kind of worked but they are unable to message each other as the original poster of this thread asked about the one way friendship.  That is why I can't understand why they can't explain it in full because it seems useless until someone tells me why it was created.  But three months later still no answer.

thanks for caring Randy...I thought I was the only one left here :)

you're welcome John.

Vinny

Hi all, 

To begin with, let me explain a little bit about One-way friendships setting.  When you send a ONE-WAY Friendship request to someone, that person will be automatically set as your friend in your friend list without waiting for their acceptance.

For example: when Member A adds Member B as one way friend, it means Member A consider Member B as his/her friend and member B will appears in Member A's friend list. In this case, activities/posts by member A will be visible on member B feeds, but NOT the reverse. This is not a bug, the setting is working properly as its rule, please help us note.

Btw, I also would like to inform that the feature "following" as other social medias as Twitter, Instagram,.. currently doesn't exist in phpFox default platform, however, in our Store, we see that there are having some third party apps which support to that function, you can install them into your site.

Please be assured that  this improvement is on our list and it will be considered in our future updates.

Have a great day ahead and stay safe!

Vinny.

Hi all, 

To begin with, let me explain a little bit about One-way friendships setting.  When you send a ONE-WAY Friendship request to someone, that person will be automatically set as your friend in your friend list without waiting for their acceptance.

For example: when Member A adds Member B as one way friend, it means Member A consider Member B as his/her friend and member B will appears in Member A's friend list. In this case, activities/posts by member A will be visible on member B feeds, but NOT the reverse. This is not a bug, the setting is working properly as its rule, please help us note.

Btw, I also would like to inform that the feature "following" as other social medias as Twitter, Instagram,.. currently doesn't exist in phpFox default platform, however, in our Store, we see that there are having some third party apps which support to that function, you can install them into your site.

Please be assured that  this improvement is on our list and it will be considered in our future updates.

Have a great day ahead and stay safe!

Vinny.

yes there is a third party follow system, which is an important feature these days. But there follow system doesn't support the main feed. I did purchase that app and after I purchased I realized it doesn't show the following feed on the main feed. So again it was a waste of money.