There was issue reported in 2020 about the one way friendship feature. If user (A) add user (B) as a friend instead of user (A) seeing user (B) feed, user (B) is forced to see user A feed. Which doesn't even make sense. Because somebody add me as a friend why would I want to see their post and didn't request to see it? Issue reported in 2020 and it still hasn't been fixed🤦

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

It almost worked for me as it is now in a friends-only community but you can't reassign a group so I back to two-way friendship.

Business Profile sends a request to a regular user. Ok, but it would be better if the User did the initial request.

The User can deny it or accept it. - GOOD

If the User accepts it then he gets the Business post/feed on their wall but the Business does not get all the user updates on their feed - GOOD

On the User profile under the friend tab, the Business shows up. - GOOD

Under the Business profile under the friend tab, the User doesn't show up.  - GOOD

The Business cannot send a message to the User - GOOD

The User can send a message to the Business - GOOD

When the User sends a message to the Business, the Business can see but they cannot respond to that message - ODD but ok I guess.

The Business can gift points to the User. - GOOD

The Business cannot reassign PAGES/GROUPS to the User. The only reason this fails is that the User does not populate the pop-up window as a friend even though they are. - BAD as it ruins the whole idea of having a group like a business help with assigning PAGES/GROUPS.

besides the last point, which ruined the whole concept for me, it did look promising.  So I ended up going back to a two-way friendship.  I would like to know how this was used in the past because someone must have created this idea of a one-way friendship.

I don't understand the way it's set up at all. Imagine you're on Facebook, you don't know me I don't know you, but all I have to do is press add friend on your profile and now you see everything I post. What is the point of spending time creating something like that when they could just create a follow system like Twitter. Give clients the option to choose. Then I spent money buying the follow system by foxexperts and it doesn't even show on the main feed, it's a whole different feed. I'm starting to think that apps are being created and by Developer and they're leaving of features just to make us spend more money. Next time I know to get a app created by real professionals.

I don't understand the way it's set up at all. Imagine you're on Facebook, you don't know me I don't know you, but all I have to do is press add friend on your profile and now you see everything I post. What is the point of spending time creating something like that when they could just create a follow system like Twitter. Give clients the option to choose. Then I spent money buying the follow system by foxexperts and it doesn't even show on the main feed, it's a whole different feed. I'm starting to think that apps are being created and by Developer and they're leaving of features just to make us spend more money. Next time I know to get a app created by real professionals.

JohnJr

It has been several weeks since I tried it and I could be wrong but I thought User A (Business Profile in my case) sends a friend request to User B and User B accepts then User B sees all of User A post but User A does not see User B post.  If this is correct then it gives the choice to User B to say yes or no to seeing all of User A crap...I mean posts.  User A might be more accepting to see User B posts if User A knows is stuff isn't seen by some random person and all their friends (in my case a business).

But like I said...I may be wrong on this so please correct me if that is so.

Not on my end. What I'm getting is User A hit add friend, that user don't see anything from the person he added (member B) .

The person he added ( member B) automatically start seeing member (A) post. And he gets a notification that member A added him as a friend.

And he doesn't get a choice to accept or decline.

JohnJr

Is "A" doing the invite?  If so then "B" has a choice to accept or not...right?

I was thinking about it and this is what one-way friendship should be.

User "A" sends a friend request.

User "B" has the choice to deny or accept.

If user "B" accepts then user "A" will see all of user "B" posts but User "B" will not see user "A" post.

There should be a setting whether they can message each other or not.

There should be a setting whether they can give each other activity points or not.

There should be a setting whether they transfer PAGES or GROUPS.

How do think it should be?

Also, I have a friend-only community and invite-only so it should be compatible with that as well.

Last update on October 6, 2021 by JohnJr.

I think it should go that way also. These days not many sites are using the friend system. I'm a celebrity Blogger and will have Celebrities on my site, which I don't want them getting spam friend request. My next step is to add a feature to Allow members to set a passcode, that way the only way members can send a request to that member is if they enter the passcode correctly.

Example:

You can only send request if you enter the last name and phone number of that member.

JohnJr

Maybe phpfox will stop by and explain why it is the way it is. 

😂😂They need to because I'm hurting my brain trying to figure a reason they have it set as it currently is.

JohnJr

Looking for a comment from PhpFox :)

I pray they include it in the next release. That's a very important feature of a site. I wish a Developer would just create a follow system that is able to work with the friend system.🤦 All of these issues are stressing me out.

Vinny

Hi All,

We will re-check the feature and give you our comments soonest.  

Regards,

Vinny Ms.