Liviu

Hi 

Anyone having problems with registration from browsers in 4.8.7?

No issue when registering from mobile app but gives me warnings about the name lenght when I try to register a new account from a browser.

Be the first person to like this.

Did you set name length in settings?

Liviu

Did you set name length in settings?

yes

julio

Hi ! i made a quick test and yes, there is an error related to the Name length, at registration.

As Randy said, also checked the Maximum length for full name. The value is 25.

Its description says: "It affects when creating user and update profile. This setting only works when "Validate Full/Display Name" is Yes."

When changing Validate Full/Display Name to "No" , the name length error does not appear.

The above is on version 4.8.7

Liviu

Hi ! i made a quick test and yes, there is an error related to the Name length, at registration.

Its description says: "It affects when creating user and update profile. This setting only works when "Validate Full/Display Name" is Yes."

Is that a bug?

When changing Validate Full/Display Name to "No" , the name length error does not appear.

Liviu

Its description says: "It affects when creating user and update profile. This setting only works when "Validate Full/Display Name" is Yes.

THANK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Last update on October 8, 2021 by Liviu.
julio

Im no sure if it is a bug, but it is important to write the results of our tests here so phpfox can guide us in the correct direction.  For example by explaining a little bit more about the settings involved and/or confirm if it is a bug.

I think other members will be posting their information here as well :=)

Liviu

Im no sure if it is a bug, but it is important to write the results of our tests here so phpfox can guide us in the correct direction.  For example by explaining a little bit more about the settings involved and/or confirm if it is a bug.

I think other members will be posting their information here as well :=)

i opened a ticket about this

Vinny

Hi All,

I would like to confirm that the setting is working properly and it's not a bug also. The description of the setting "Maximum Length for Full Name" said that "Maximum length for full name. It affects when creating user and update profile. This setting only works when "Validate Full/Display Name" is Yes". Obviously, if you set the value of the setting "Maximum Length for Full Name" is 25, and the setting "Validate Full/Display Name" enables, so when new user creates new account in your site, the system will alert errors "the maximum length of the username that cannot be more than 25 characters" if the full name has over 25 characters. And when the setting "Validate Full/Display Name" disables, then the value of setting "Maximum Length for Full Name" won't affect to new user character full name even it's over the character setting.

Regards,

Vinny Ms.

julio

Thankyou Vinny !  i made new tests and i can see is working ok.  So now i have doubts about how i made tests.

For example.. i think i wrote a short username ( which is not the full name..) in one of the registration attempts ; then got the error of "User name must have 5 to 25 characters"... and my confusion was to think that the error was due to write a Full name out of the character length.
I hope you can undersand what i said above :=)

So the warning is working as it should.   Maybe Liviu has different results?

Last update on October 11, 2021 by julio.
Vinny

Hi All,

The root cause of the issue Maximum Length for Username was related to Core issue, so if you are facing with this problem, please help us open a ticket via: https://clients.phpfox.com/ along with your site login information, then our engineer will proceed hotfix in your site.

Regards,

Vinny Ms.