I don't know about other admins here, but normally, I can have over a dozen tabs open in my Firefox web browser on my iMac. One tab which I do NOT have constantly open is the AdminCP tab. As a result, unless I go there, I may not realize that there are new users waiting to be verified and approved. As such, they may be waiting for days before I discover that they need to be approved.

I don't know if there is a setting for this or not, but if not, it would be nice if there was a option to send the Admin an email whenever a new user signs up. You could set it up with a few options such as these:

Send email to Admin immediately when new user registers

Send email to Admin every 6 hours when new user registers

Send email to Admin every 12 hours when new user registers

Send email to Admin every 24 hours when new user registers

Personally, I check my email frequently throughout the day, so this kind of notification would immediately attract my attention, even if I forget to visit the AdminCP for a few days.

One thing we don't want to do is to keep our new, potential users waiting, because they might lose interest and slip off the hook.

Be the first person to like this.
Vinny

Hi Bill,
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. However,currently, we do not support to send alerts to email when new users sign-up. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience. Btw, if you want to get  this feature, we can help you do that via custom work which incurs additional cost.
Have a great day ahead!
Vinny.

Excuse me, Vinny, but in my view, this is a very basic Admin function which should ALREADY be implenented in phpFox. Something as essential as this should NOT require custom work.

JohnJr

Bill,

If your email service provider has webhooks you could set it up using the subject line.  When a new user signs up it sends the a standard email and the subject line might be something like this.

Please verify your email for: your site

use a webhook to say any time your email service see a subject line like that send a copy to a special email which I had on my phone that was only used for that.  It could be a free gmail since you will never use it to send anythinig and only use it to notified you of a new user.

I am unable to give you an example now since my current free version mail service now does not have webhooks anymore...everyone wants money :)

Thanks John. I will look into it. I think you and I are on the same wavelength when it comes to vampiric blood suckers. 🤪