When I edit the theme, if I choose HTML, Javascript, or CSS, I'm unable to expand the code to see it. I have to scroll left to right and the viewable area is so thin I can't see everything. I wish you could open the frame wider.

Topics: theme editing
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

If you have the material theme, I just took about 5 minutes to give you a sloppy hack.

Add this under your CSS editor page at the end of the file and hit save.  You can adjust the pixel width depending on your screen.  Make sure you have the window maximized so you will have more room to work.  I would use this only when you are actually working on CSS or HTML as it might affect other areas of your site and if you have current users they might be confused.  Although it may not affect other areas as well...I just don't know.  Either way, save the code and use it when needed :)

#flavor_manager .fm_menu, #flavor_manager .fm_content, #flavor_manager .fm_sub_menu {     width: 1000px !important; }

#flavor_manager .fm_content {     left: 1000px !important; }

I tried the code but it didn't work quite as expected. The column size remained the same and it bumped the logo upload area and "SAVE" button out making both inaccessible.

I had to cut the code out and hit CTRL+S to save it and get my scroll left-right abilities back.

JohnJr

Are you using the material theme?

Let me try it again.

JohnJr

Ok, I just put that code at the end of the css file, hit save and then exit back to the main dashboard and went under MAINTENANCE and click REBUILD CORE THEME, which you have to do when you change the theme or CSS code.  You could also clear the cache but I didn't this time.  Then go back to either HTML or CSS edit screen and see what it does.  Make sure to expand to Maximum Window if you have multiple windows open (I don't mean tabs though).

Last update on April 1, 2022 by JohnJr.

Oh. I didn't rebuild the core theme. I'll try that.

Last update on April 1, 2022 by jasongeek.
JohnJr

Actually, I just went back and deleted the CSS and instead of going back to REBUILD CORE THEME I just refresh the webpage and it change it back to the original way...so maybe you don't have to BEBUILD CORE THEME when you remove it :)

Bill Kochman

Hello Jason and John! So what is the progress regarding this hack? Does it, or does it not work properly?

Also, if it does work, have you been able to determine if it negatively affects other areas of a phpFox site, particularly what visitors see?

John, as you know, this is something which you and I have discussed before. I really don't understand why the phpFox team would even make the editor window so narrow to begin with. It is a major inconvenience for those of us who may want to tweak our child theme.

Would it really be so difficult for them to fix this permanently in the next update? We have already been waiting a long time. Furthermore, this should NOT be something that requires "custom work". Yeah, I just had to say it, John.

No, I won't hold my breath! :)

JohnJr

Bill, you always make me smile.  It works for me for the material theme.  I doubt it affects other areas, but I just keep a copy of the code and paste it when I need it and delete it when I am done.  Takes about 1 minute or less to change it and another minute to change it back.  I really do hope they add the ability to limit groups and pages for different membership for subscriptions.  Not that would help us make money with this product.

Bill Kochman

Yeah, John, when it comes to the "CW Network", you know we are both on the same page. Wink, wink.