TorontoGuy

I am using phpfox v4.8.9    I also have the app   Advanced Photos (I removed the app and still same problem)

When I go to a page that has been created and click on 'photos' I get the thumbnails in the gallery under the photo section for the page.

However, when I open an album created in the photos section of the page , or a photo in the photos section of the page it opens under the main PHOTOS section of the webite instead of still being within the page.

This only happens when I view the page as a site member... if I switch to the page as the page manager this doesn't happen.

Is there something wrong with this and if there isn't can someone explain why it is set up that way?  

Thank you

Terry Mitchell

Last update on June 30, 2022 by TorontoGuy.
Be the first person to like this.
Vinny

Hello Terry,

For your issue, please open a new accident ticket at: https://clients.phpfox.com/ as well as share with us your site admin account in the ticket, then we will assist you to investigate the root cause of the issue.

Vinny.

TorontoGuy

Vinny.. I appreciate the response, but the issue is in the coding of phpfox...   it is the same issue on any of my websites using phpfox...     Therefor I don't think that looking specifically at my site would be the proper approach.

I will edit this shortly with page capture examples.

Thank you

Terry

Vinny

Hi Terry,

I think we could not conclude this is the issue from the core because there are many reasons that could cause the issue, if you want, you could give us your site credentials, then our engineer will help you find out why the problem occurs and if it's due to our default, we will fix it for you. Right now, we could not suggest you any solution because the issue needs to be onsite checking.

Vinny.

TorontoGuy

Vinny... this is happening with any website I create using phpfox software...  V4.8.9

So please don't tell me it is unique to my site...

I have attached site captures   

1.   See menus when photo from a page is opened as a site member

2.  See menus when photo is opened when logged into the page as page manager

What I am trying to get at is that I believe that the photos in a page or group should be opening as within the page or group and not as photos within the entire site,  when opened by site members or others  just as they are shown for the page manager.

At least this would be my preference....

Attachments
Last update on July 26, 2022 by TorontoGuy.
Vinny

Hi Terry,

I am sorry for misunderstanding your questions. I would like to explain the feature as below:
1. If a user/member tries to view the photo which is created on a page then the system will redirect them to the photo detail page and focus on the Photo menu, this is not a  bug, it's a rule of our platform.
2. If you are logging in as a Page, the main menu of the site will be automatically hidden, then you can view the photo within the page or group and it won't redirect you to the Photo module.

Hope the above information is helpful for you.