Hi, for my former installation 3.x there was a cool description on a single sheet what to do to setup a development site, step by step. For the Version 4.x I did not find too much. I created a folder "../development" and copied the site conntent to it. In the .htaccess I changed RewriteBase to  /development/.

Is there a manual somewhere - step by step - how to do it?

Last update on July 20, 2022 by Marc.
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

So you not creating a new site to use for development for bug checks or testing but instead trying to create a clone of your main site?  That can be more difficult and it has been a while since I did one.  What I do remember is using the information below to change the location of the new folder as well as creating a new named clone database and adding that location/New Name/password/username.

So you also have to go into the new folder and change the server.sett.php file and change the folder location/name and the new database information.

Look under the paragraph called "To Change Your Website Files to Use the New Domain" for more information.

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/AD/Changing+Your+Domain+Name

Then I downloaded a zip file of all the files in the new folder and in dreamweaver I would do a find and see if there is any hard coded area that would have mydomain.com.  There was area a long time ago where the install actually put domain url in the code.  I don't think they do that anymore but you should check anyways and if you find a place then add your folder name at the end of the url in the code.  Also, I would search the entire database as well for your domain name url and again change url to include your folder at the end.

Again, it has been awhile since I wanted to clone my site.  Now I just to a empty development site which is the same as the link above but you put a new install zip file in the new folder and run the install phpfox documentation without searching all the files or database for your url of your domain.

Last update on July 21, 2022 by JohnJr.
Be the first person to like this.