1. Is there not a demo of phpFox 5?

2. I presume many or most third party apps may not be portable to phpFox 5.

3. Is phpFox 5 simply uploaded on top of the existing phpFox 4 installation?

4. I presume phpFox 5 like previous majour versions replaces previous versions, so phpFox 4 is EOL. Correct.

I ask these questions because I understand and appreciate that phpFox 5 is a majour departure from previous versions in terms of architecture.

Be the first person to like this.
Hannah

Dear Daniel Abrams,

Thank you for your concerns about MetaFox (phpFox v5), please refer to our bellow information:

1. Is there not a demo of phpFox 5?

- Certainly, we are going to have Demo site after the MetaFox Official Release. Details of the release note will be published on our blog at https://www.phpfox.com/blog/, you can keep an eye on it to stay updated.

2. I presume many or most third party apps may not be portable to phpFox 5.

-. All current 3rd-party apps on phpFox Store are for phpFox V4. MetaFox App structure is completely changed, so all 3rd party apps need to be rewritten for MetaFox

3. Is phpFox 5 simply uploaded on top of the existing phpFox 4 installation?

- No, phpFox v5 is a different product line so we need to migrate data from v4 to v5. Please don't worry, phpFox will support the Migration script after MetaFox Official release, so you can migrate data of all Core features & Core apps from your existing phpFox V4 to MetaFox.
If you would like to migrate data from 3rd-party apps used on your phpFox V4 site, you should check with respective app vendors for their development plan and migration solution of their equivalent apps on MetaFox first.

4. I presume phpFox 5 like previous majour versions replaces previous versions, so phpFox 4 is EOL. Correct.

- Kindly note that you can continue using phpFox 4 whenever you want. However, we will continue supporting and maintaining phpFox V4 for 12 months. 

Hope the above information clarifies your queries, kindly let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Hannah

Be the first person to like this.