I want to set up my site / app as members only.

I have registration setup for selecting a membership in order to join but there is a big problem

On the app a user has a backdoor in.

When they register on the app if they do not commit to the transaction they can simple click a back arrow and they are in as a registered user.

I have severly limited their access (posting pics - posting videos is a no go) but they are still in the app. 

I want them to have to finsih the transaction to enter the app.

I had thousands of registered users. I deleted them all... Now they are getting back in without being a member. What a cluster. 

I only want members with subscriptions. 99.9 users are on the app. There is a loop hole and it needs to be closed.

Be the first person to like this.

Maybe this has to do with it? 

My membership / subscription is setup to send user to registered user on fail.

Maybe this should be set up to send them to guest?

Other issue - if this is correct - I cannot edit that part of the subscription for whatever reason. Is it possible to correct in the db?

JohnJr

Not sure how to fix it, but you are blowing my mind...sorry.

julio

I want to set up my site / app as members only.

I have registration setup for selecting a membership in order to join but there is a big problem

On the app a user has a backdoor in.

When they register on the app if they do not commit to the transaction they can simple click a back arrow and they are in as a registered user.

I have severly limited their access (posting pics - posting videos is a no go) but they are still in the app. 

I want them to have to finsih the transaction to enter the app.

I had thousands of registered users. I deleted them all... Now they are getting back in without being a member. What a cluster. 

I only want members with subscriptions. 99.9 users are on the app. There is a loop hole and it needs to be closed.

Yes, sending users on fail to the "guest" usergroup would be the way to only have members who have subscribed.  And yes, it is correct,  it seems we cannot change the usergroup on success nor failure, from admin panel.

Last update on October 19, 2022 by julio.

yes I deleted THOUSANDS... to create a new subscription as a duplicate requires going back to apple... I don't want to do that. They will comb my site and find a meme they don't like. They will tie me up with bs to get approved. PHPFOX has responded to my ticket about this issue. PRAY FOR ME! lol 

You know... you think I would have learned by now... THIS PLATFORM has soooo many flaws. YOU KEEP PUSHING ME FURTHER AWAY... I don't care about your new UI if it has the same flaws.

These people are so fast to tell you - yeah it's your subscription package. It has to be set to "Guest" on failure. 

Ok fine. I create a brand new group and a subscription with that group. I set it all up and select "Guest" on failure. Thinking that this would send them back where they started... NOPE they show up in the app. They are also not a guest - they are a Registered User... 

So tell me more PHPFOX about how that's just REGULAR CONFIG and WORKS AS SHOULD. 

ALSO the Signup Process is SERIOUSLY FLAWED. 

When someone signs up as a Subscription Member from the Registration Process... they hit a window that tells them Memerbship Pending... They HAVEN'T EVEN PAID YET!!!!!!! So they bail thinking well cupcake - cool - HIT THAT BACK ARROW - BOOM well look at that - I am in the app... 

It's a joke... 

HEY PHPFOX - how about you create a user / subscription account on my app. When you get to the PENDING BS and the Paypal button is on the bottom - JUST HIT THAT BACK ARROW... then you will see what I am saying. 

METAFOX???? I am not feeling it... it better be vastly improved to even think about it. 

julio

Hi !  me again...  one question and an idea:   

The question, what is your phpfox version? 

And the idea is...  What if you restrict the permissions that registered users have in:  Members>User group settings  ?  so if the system allows a user to be on registered users even on fail ,  they wont be able to perform almost any action ( if you restrict them)

I hope that the previous idea is not so basic because I know you are an expert on the platform.:thumbsup:

Last update on October 19, 2022 by julio.

I have the user group extremely limited. However if you goal is to keep them out of the app until the transaction has finished - that's not happening.

The subscription sign up is confusing to many people and my response is usually, "yeah... try the desktop - it's easier" 

But should I have to say that? No I shouldn't.

Mark my words - When v5 comes out - you won't see stories or reels... you probaby wont see 3rd party plugins that will work with the app either.

I am serious not trying to be a hater here... I would be excited for a solid product. I just know better.