Mathew Weber

I just tried MetaFox alpha ver and overall it's pretty cool. The changes I highly rate: cleaner and more stylish UI designs, which make photos and videos look much better. Still playing around to figure out all app settings and the new UX also. Was informed it's just alpha ver so isn't yet 100% finished and smoothest. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the official v5 to run my live site stably.

Just a few of my thoughts for those who are considering v5 though. To those who tried v5, what's your view on it?

JohnJr

Hello Mathew,

Can you check to see if this issue is fixed in V5

https://github.com/PHPfox-Official/phpfox-v4-issues/issues/3022

Thank you in advance for your time.

I tried to send a friend request but it errors out.

Be the first person to like this.
Mathew Weber

Hello JohnJr, 

From what I see, that one is not in v5 alpha yet since alpha is not the final product so I'm not sure if it'll be included. Btw, I sent you a friend request.

Sorry if phpFox doesn't want to disclose it as of now, but their website italiansocial is based on v5 (check all the apps from phpFox on Google Playstore to know what I am talking about). And correct me if it's not based on V5..it's mobile app doesn't have anything new though. I have already found the same long existing captcha error bug in that. On web version I see some good UI improvements, stories feature, may be two more payment options, and nothing else. Hope to find more essential features, backend control, and improvements like SE. Sorry for being too staright.

Hi Shashank,

There is no public V5 / MF website or mobile apps right now. The public beta version will be announced in the next several weeks. 

The site you mentioned italiansocial is using phpfox V4.

Last update on November 18, 2022 by Marrify Carino.

I have tried MetaFox too and I'm glad I took the risk and blindly pre-ordered it. Laravel + React architecture was the only factor for me and it looks great and is very responsive even on my old server. It has the look and feel of the large social network websites.

As for the features, so far there is nothing special but I hope it changes with the final release. Even if not, I still don't have any regrets as I would rather build on this solid core than invest into something old.

Mathew Weber

I have tried MetaFox too and I'm glad I took the risk and blindly pre-ordered it. Laravel + React architecture was the only factor for me and it looks great and is very responsive even on my old server. It has the look and feel of the large social network websites.

As for the features, so far there is nothing special but I hope it changes with the final release. Even if not, I still don't have any regrets as I would rather build on this solid core than invest into something old.

Totally agree mate. That's how I feel when first trying MetaFox. The look and feel is what I have been waiting to be honest and now thankfully, they did it. I'm still looking forward to future updates but for now, I'm very pleased with the new UI. Looking much more up-to-date and that's already a big change for me.

Last update on November 21, 2022 by Mathew Weber.

I really like what they've done with MetaFox! 
Laravel isn't my strongest suit however, so I have a heck of a learning curve to get my head around all the other stuff.
Really excited to see the final prodoct later this year!

Mathew Weber

I really like what they've done with MetaFox! 
Laravel isn't my strongest suit however, so I have a heck of a learning curve to get my head around all the other stuff.
Really excited to see the final prodoct later this year!

Yep I was also surprised with how MetaFox turned out. The Laravel and react-based really did add levels to the entire product!