JohnJr

Well first of all I think the dark theme on Firefox looks awesome.

Thinks I noticed within the first 5 minutes.

Groups-

• The profile image that was removed seemed good at first but what happens if the person wants their picture like a profile page?  What if a business used that for its logo?  There should be an option to turn the profile image on or off on a group page.
  • When I went to manage a group under the Group Menu Setting and clicked on Menu and nothing happens.
  • It also looks like they removed the ability to add additional pages and widgets within groups which are features I definitely need.

I hope that it was just me not knowing how to do something and not a bug or removal of features.

Last update on December 8, 2022 by JohnJr.
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Also noticed under members that there are two members called Kibcode that joined at the same time.  I know Kibcode, and he wouldn't make two profiles on purpose so maybe it is a mistake?

JohnJr

When I attempted to log in under Microsoft Edge and Chrome the CSS cuts it off on top, even see the Captcha letters.

Last update on December 8, 2022 by JohnJr.
JohnJr

Also, when I made a demo account for David Smith (image in previous thread) it did come up to verify email but I didn't, and it still showed David Smith under the members of the site.  This might be an issue if members if they don't have to verify their email to show up as a member of the site.

JohnJr

The Next Day.

Just received an email saying  "Your group ABC Book Store has a pending join request."  Which I thought was weird since it was a public group.  I click the link and it said no pending request and the person was already a member.  Why the email?

JohnJr

I just made a blog and they removed the ability to add an image in the blog beside the main image.  You can add thumbnails which opens up an image but seeing the name of the image and size in the blog looks distracting.

Wait...they added an image in https://demo.metafox.app/blog/4

Oh, they used a link to some other website.

https://cfb.rabbitloader.xyz/rzrkhjhk/rls.t-nw-a28/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/screenshot_11.png

Don't like not having the ability to add an image in the blog itself.

Last update on December 17, 2022 by JohnJr.
websistema2013

Also noticed that it's not possible to copy the word or link at the beginning of the popup - this also applies to the chat. Copying is only possible after "Whats on your mind?"

Attachments
copy_error.png 56.33 Kb . 30 Views

Also noticed that it's not possible to copy the word or link at the beginning of the popup - this also applies to the chat. Copying is only possible after "Whats on your mind?"

Which browser do you use? I don't seem to have this problem on Safari or Chrome.

The only annoyance I have with MetaFox is that login sessions resets after closing web browser. Support said that it's basically by design, so I have to wait until they release React source code to see if I can fix it on my own.

Like all social networking websites and not only (FB, IG, youtube, twitter etc.) keep session active for a lifetime, I logged in there once many years ago and I never have to login again. This is what users expect and this is the standard, only banking websites or websites with sensitive information should reset sessions on browser close.

I guess phpFox team is not knowledgable about the basics of user experience.

websistema2013

Which browser do you use? I don't seem to have this problem on Safari or Chrome.

Checked from a computer in the following browsers: Opera, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge. You can see it in more detail on the videohttps://youtu.be/seSZbynMzZc

Checked from a computer in the following browsers: Opera, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge. You can see it in more detail on the videohttps://youtu.be/seSZbynMzZc

I see, same issue here when I do right-click. It works fine when using keyboard shortcuts.

This is happening because right clicking on text (placeholder) changes focus away from the editable element. It's a simple fix by just adding "pointer-events: none;" to the placeholder element. I don't feel like reporting this to phpFox.

websistema2013

I see, same issue here when I do right-click. It works fine when using keyboard shortcuts.

This is happening because right clicking on text (placeholder) changes focus away from the editable element. It's a simple fix by just adding "pointer-events: none;" to the placeholder element. I don't feel like reporting this to phpFox.

I hope phpfox will read this forum thread and fix this bug in the stable version 

JohnJr

Websistema2013,

Good catch!