Adding these here in case anyone out there has workarounds or has the same issues.

1) I noticed this in the alpha version and also in the Beta - whenever I refresh or move from page to page, the page title MetaFox shows up and then switches to my site name. This is not good as it clearly shows the product name (can this be fixed).

2) I still receive a 404 error when I click on Messages (I think that's because I don't have the ChatPlus add-on installed). Where can I download and get installation instructions for the ChatPlus add-on?

3) Is there an easy way to "turn off" menu items? For example, if I am not offering Blogs on my site, how do I "switch" them off?

4) Are there any guides to the template designer or a guide to customizing the appearance of the site (i.e. colors, backgrounds, etc)?

5) I like the new Dashboard in Beta, however, it shows me 6 Users & 6 Users Online (when there are none).

6) It would be nice if these stats were clickable (i.e. if I click on Online Users it should take me to a screen that shows me which users are online).

7) In Localization, there are 3 phrases that show up as Missing Phrases:
2306 user
3285 draft_tag
6872 poll_closed

That should be fixed.

8) On MOBILE if you accidentally tap Toggle the Editor, it is impossible to close it.

9) I wish the releases came with UPDATE instructions (so as to not have to reinstall) - I am hoping the software will have an "Automatic" update feature.

10) On the desktop site, when a user goes into a section (say Friends), it is not intuitive to go back (you must hit the back button). It would be nice to have the side menu persistent either on top or on the side so users can switch between areas (for example going from Friends to Members to Pages).

11) On Mobile - There is no site logo shown while navigating - the mobile version looks very generic and doesn't carry over the visual aspect of the site. There should be a sticky menu with the logo (maybe add a specific media item for the mobile logo so that a smaller version can be uploaded to the site).

12) When uploading pictures the user should be given the ability to rotate the picture if the picture uploads rotated (this should be available on desktop, mobile, and app).
13) The Admin should have the ability to impersonate a user (Admin's IP should be obfuscated for security).
14) Site SEO must make use of OpenGraph to properly be shared on online sites like Facebook and LinkedIn

15) With the subscriptions - We need a way to provide a "trial" subscription for X amount of days (configurable) where a user can "try" all the paid features and then revert to a non-paid subscription (not a guest user).

15a) With subscriptions it would also be nice to be able to set the pricing on SPECIAL (or discount) for a period of time (like during holidays).

16) MODSEC rule 930130 will block users that navigate the site because the URL for some items in the User's Profile has the request ".profile" as part of the URL. RULE PURPOSE: Detects attempts to retrieve application source code, metadata, credentials, and version control history possibly reachable in a web root. This should be fixed so that the rule can be enabled and the site still function.

On a side note: I wish we had a MetaFox issue tracker so that we can see what they are considering, and people could vote for features they want or things that need to be fixed (more transparency).

Topics: metafox, v5, beta
websistema2013

I hope that all the shortcomings and errors will be fixed in the stable version - because I don't really want to transfer users to a new kernel with various problems and errors. When will we see a stable MetaFox - end of december this year or next january?

Be the first person to like this.
Raul Lazar

...end of december this year or next january?

Try to "combine" them, like December next Year :sweat_smile:

JohnJr

I am starting to think they removed features without asking for input first or it is a way to get annual payments for upgrades as we start all over again requesting features we already had.

websistema2013

2) I still receive a 404 error when I click on Messages (I think that's because I don't have the ChatPlus add-on installed). Where can I download and get installation instructions for the ChatPlus add-on?

Please answer me, phpfox specially created an advertising campaign about switching to MetaFox with a free ChatPLus gift app to attract customers - and other MetaFox license holders will have to buy ChatPLus separately, since site users will not be able to communicate with each other? Will the MetaFox-PRO stable boxed version contain ChatPLus or not?

JohnJr

I just noticed another feature that might be missing.  Hopefully someone who has this meta installed can verify it.

Groups owners are no longer have the ability to send invite by email.  Also, I can't even find the invite link for the website on the main menu?