Hello,

As an administrator of PHP Fox software on my domain. How to I add another administrator to the program? I don't see how. I can review other user accounts but dont see a button that says "add user". I would like to add two more administrators like myself. Can this be done? If so, How?

Thanks,
Mark
Be the first person to like this.
You have to go to that user in the control paned. on the right of the user there will be an option to change their user group.

Hope it helps
Thank you for your reply but apparently my question wasn't clear. I am currently the only user in the software. It is a brand new install. I have two other partners. I would like to add them as users and make them administrators. The are the owners, they shouldn't have to pay to be members and they are currently NOT in the network or signed up as users. I am the only user.

How do I add them as two new, additional administrators? I wish there were a clear manual but I can't find this answer anywhere. You would think as an administrator I could simply click a button to add another user and make them an administrator but there is no such button.

Thanks,
Mark
metro
Webman:

Do you mean here in the forums\phpfox support members areas, or do you mean on your site?

If you mean here in the forums or in the "client area" for support purposes, you are better off opening a support ticket.

If you mean on your site, then clarify and we will be able to help you.

Quote:
Originally posted by: webman
Thank you for your reply but apparently my question wasn't clear. I am currently the only user in the software. It is a brand new install. I have two other partners. I would like to add them as users and make them administrators. The are the owners, they shouldn't have to pay to be members and they are currently NOT in the network or signed up as users. I am the only user.

How do I add them as two new, additional administrators? I wish there were a clear manual but I can't find this answer anywhere. You would think as an administrator I could simply click a button to add another user and make them an administrator but there is no such button.

Thanks,
Mark
Hey guys. I mean in the PHP Fox program/software on my site www.friendsactually.com I'm trying to figure out how, as the main administrator I am to add other administrators by hand.

Thanks,
Mark
The only way that I know of is for them to join. then add them as admin. You could always temporary shut off the subscription. let then sign up then change them to admin and turn the subscription back on. I know its a pain in the butt, maybe only way.
Hey TeenSkate, I think I understand. In other words, there is no way for an administrator to add a new user or another administrator via the admin area. The only way a person can become a user is to actually join using the proper join method. However, since they would probably normally have to pay, I would have to turn off the payment requirements, let them join for free and then turn the paid membership system back on.. right?

Isn't there a way to create an invisible to the public, FREE member level so that if this ever comes up again and we need to add another administrator in the future, we can simply give our friend a private link so they can join and participate for free?

Thanks again for all your prompt replies. I'm sure I will have more questions. I've been made the administrator of this system due to my web development experience but I'm new to PHP Fox.

If we did need to hire someone who really knows and understands the administrative aspect of PHP Fox to work with and teach me, do you have any suggestions to where we would look and who we can trust?

Thank you,
Mark
Quote:
Hey TeenSkate, I think I understand. In other words, there is no way for an administrator to add a new user or another administrator via the admin area. The only way a person can become a user is to actually join using the proper join method. However, since they would probably normally have to pay, I would have to turn off the payment requirements, let them join for free and then turn the paid membership system back on.. right?
Yes, thats about it that I know of.
Quote:
Isn't there a way to create an invisible to the public, FREE member level so that if this ever comes up again and we need to add another administrator in the future, we can simply give our friend a private link so they can join and participate for free?

No, not in 1.6 that I know of. just private profiles but its still visible

Quote:
If we did need to hire someone who really knows and understands the administrative aspect of PHP Fox to work with and teach me, do you have any suggestions to where we would look and who we can trust?

I can suggest these forums. There are so many here that are so knowledgeable. I am sure if you have any questions regarding the administrative aspect, that someone here would gladly help.
Thanks for the help. I got it.

Mark
How you made it I don´t understand?
Donna(data66)
There is a tutorial in the knowledgebase for adding another admin. It should be in site tip #1 so look for that tutorial. I have a link to the kb table of contents in my signature.