What would be the best place to place the analytic's code
Be the first person to like this.
yeah but this would not catch all the site. I was thinking of adding it to the template.
Quote:
Originally posted by: FoxFighter
yeah but this would not catch all the site. I was thinking of adding it to the template.

yes it would.
Simple makes it genius! Thanks DonnyC
If you're not going to allow your users to change templates, it can go in template.html.php as well.
I have my analytics code in block 6 of my site, and its showing "clicks" in my admincp but on my google analytic page, its saying tracking not installed. Any ideas?
it cannot be in template.html.php directly. because google code looks like try {...}. but phpfox understand {} is block tag like {block..} then cannot parse correctly in template. so ad is best way
Quote:
Originally posted by: tagtaa
it cannot be in template.html.php directly. because google code looks like try {...}. but phpfox understand {} is block tag like {block..} then cannot parse correctly in template. so ad is best way

I have my analytics code in block 6 of my site
Its in the ad module, its not working...
strange that almost every site uses google analytics code but PHPFox developers did not think of including an area for us to input that information.

In the admin section there needs to be an area to enter google analytics code and also an area to enter google site ownership verification code.
I agree about adding a section in the admin panel for the code. Also, Quantcast.com should be added as they give even more information about your website.
I use WOOPRA real time analytics and placed the code in block 6 via ad manager, but nothing showing on my analytics page.

As Woopra is displayed in real time I can say that for me this placment doesnt work.

Anyone know where the code should go?

thanks
Tony
that woopra looks cool.
Hi,

to solve this matter I added the google codes in a {literal} ... {/literal} to go around smarty. Did that in _template before </body>.

Happy
Quote:
Originally posted by: aacceerr808
Hi,

to solve this matter I added the google codes in a {literal} ... {/literal} to go around smarty. Did that in _template before </body>.

Happy

The only problem is that when you upload new files, your analytics code will be wiped. We have a free analytics plugin if you want to use that instead Smile
Mohammed Alex

strange that almost every site uses google analytics code but PHPFox developers did not think of including an area for us to input that information. In the admin section there needs to be an area to enter google analytics code and also an area to enter google site ownership verification code.

10 years later, still no place in admin to place the code, can you believe that ?

Hamada

Follow the instructione here. It will show on every page.

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Integrate+Google+Analytics+to+your+phpFox+site