Has anyone reviewed SocialEngine v3.x? How does it compare to phpfox v2 or v2.1?

The pricing difference (eg. pay for separate plug-ins) itself is rather clear, so want to hear experiences of using the product itself such as:
-- feature gaps over phpfox v2
-- SEO
-- usability
-- scalability
-- admin friendliness
-- examples of successful sites

etc etc

Thx!
This thread is closed
Be the first person to like this.
This is a very good question I would like to know as well of course we cant really judge phpfox cause the final release isn't out a so far opinion would be nice.
Quote:
Originally posted by: nx.vc
PHPfox is better... and the good thing is that phpfox 2.0 still can be improved a lot since it's still beta ...
I'm sure phpfox will take this chance to become a great social network script.

im with you

my opinion is it gives many of websites like facebook, myspace, bebo, netlog etc. we donԴt need a copy but phpfox can make v2 better than all this sites.

if your website have a good quality, functionality and usability only so you can be a big player
I recently purchased SE and will be testing it and comparing it fox
Quote:
Originally posted by: omon008

my opinion is it gives many of websites like facebook, myspace, bebo, netlog etc. we dont need a copy but phpfox can make v2 better than all this sites.

To copy any one site would be a very big mistake, and trying to reinvent the wheel would be a lot of work and a lot of trial and error. What needs to be done is to take best parts of each of the services listed above, and put it together into one product called PHPFox V2
And there is nothing wrong with taking ideas from other products, everybody does it. As the saying goes: "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
im with you we need only the best for v2
From what I know and read SE is a bit better with the seo from 1.6
QueenMother305
phpfox is the best HANDS DOWN
best to ask davidattractivestyle he provides mods and templates for both
if I were to choose from scratch, my choice would be Socialengine, it looks cool and fast.
As an owner of EmoEarth.com (A site with 50,000 members, we're listed on their homepage), we used SocialEngine to create our community.

Advantages:
  • Facebook-esque, slick, clean look.
  • Much easier to install mods, plugins etc.

Disadvantages:
  • Very, VERY slow, even for small sites.
  • Poor scripting, the way the script stores and retrieves data from the database is crazy.
  • Can actually corrupt your database randomly, wise to backup daily (Not an easy task for a bigger site)
  • Plugins are seperate and the cost adds up.
  • Support is quite slow.

I'm much happier with phpFOX.
QueenMother305
phpfox is the best... hands down. the problem is so many *****s try and use phpfox when (a) they are cheap or cant afford a server & (b) have no knowledge of how scripts work.

im so sick of seeing people complain about what i personally think is one of the best scripts ever developed.

I LOVE PHPFOX
Quote:
Originally posted by: Benji
As an owner of EmoEarth.com (A site with 50,000 members, we're listed on their homepage), we used SocialEngine to create our community.

Advantages:
  • Facebook-esque, slick, clean look.
  • Much easier to install mods, plugins etc.

Disadvantages:
  • Very, VERY slow, even for small sites.
  • Poor scripting, the way the script stores and retrieves data from the database is crazy.
  • Can actually corrupt your database randomly, wise to backup daily (Not an easy task for a bigger site)
  • Plugins are seperate and the cost adds up.
  • Support is quite slow.

I'm much happier with phpFOX.

Wow, you have 50,000 users using SE? And what server's specs are you running to handle that kind of site?

If you use phpfox now, do you think it could handle this big site and perform faster if you reach to that level?
I just demo'd SE, and it looks cool and I like the ease of use. The Ajax is cool, i like that in sites, it makes the experience quicker. It has a very cool Admin Control Panel. With easy to understand functions and common sense choices. Only thing I didnt like about it was. The profile looks to basic, like I didn't see the about me section for standard or musicians. Also you can't move the blocks around, which is no fun (boring) The music player they chose as the default, idk if you can change that but I didn't like it. That was a major turn off for me. I think PhpFox should take the best of that site, like the Ajax and use that. Other than that PhpFox is better to me.

peace