Is there a setting that allows only friends to exchange messages?

I thought this would be default actually, but got a message from total stranger (from a spammer haboring alpha4 demo site)
Be the first person to like this.
as you should know, V2 is still in Beta testing and is not meant to be used on production sites, which means it is Not complete and it is still missing a lot of features that will be included in the final version.
Yes, it is in beta. Everyone here knows it. Thank you.

Would appreciate response on whether 'freind-only-messaging-mode' is in scope for 2.0 or not.

BTW, the spam message originated from alpha4 live demo site & am sure many others received it too.
http://forums.phpfox.com/project.php?issueid=2278 Here's feature request, however...

Purefan/Natio/Anna... I really hope that you'd view this as one of the necessary improvement tasks for the mail module before 2.0 release instead of a new feature request (all of which are being pushed to 2.1) I say this because this is a default messaging behavior of many social networks I know... eg. Get your friend approval first before you exchange messages... so that members do not receive messages from random strangers.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
CLUBUGLY
Its already a setting mate. You should download V2 beta and test it. The patch for this was released for 1.6 and carried over to v2
Thx, I must have missed it... Will look around adminCP again.