Welcome to phpFox community
Threads

Thanks John! I followed those instructions for enabling TECHIE mode but it didnt appear to do anything.

Thats why I was wondering if it is still supported.

I found this online:

We can confirm with you that from v4, manage Components (add/edit/delete) are only available in development mode. So, if you want to access those features, you must enable techie mode first, then find those in Admincp - Techie -Components

I enable techie mode but dont see any additional menus in Admincp.

May 3, 2021 1:06 pm

i use the curl -s method on cPanel but sometimes depening on php version i get 503 not found errors from cron. i have it at 5 mins maybe that is my issue, but it works once in a while i get an email with an error of page cannot be found but that is one in a while, over all it works. i guess you have to test it.. if you see your cron are showing as they work your good.

cant remeber but with certain php versions i used JohnJr option before and it worked as well cant remember if it with php 7.4 or 7.3 and it worked

but I use: */5 * * * *  curl - s https://www.mydomain.com/cron.php?token=283f72hf872gf827gf8234f6g and after a few minutes it works you can see if it works when you log in or out or post something in the feed and check if you got any points. it will update every 10 minutes they way you have it. 

February 6, 2021 7:39 am

Hi William James,

If you want to build the dev machine from the draft, it requires an internet connection so that phpFox be able to verify phpFox license key , or you can install the apps from phpFox store.

If you clone a dev machine from your live site, the dev site can work correctly without internet connection. However, you could not receive any update notification from phpFox server.

Kindly review and let us know if there is something wrong with your dev machine or explain in more detail if we did not understand your query.

Regards,

Hannah

December 23, 2020 4:19 am

I'll leave you a tip. If you do not want to wait for the next correction that has been requested for more than a decade. look for this function in all modules

public function getNotificationSettings ()

December 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi William James,

We would like to inform you that Amazon S3 is only compatible with phpFox 4.7.x or older. From phpFox 4.8.x, we had a big improvement to allow managing storage system for one place. On the adminCP, Admin now can choose to host user-uploaded content via local system, FPT/SFTP, or at Amazon S3, at Digital Ocean space, or at any other S3-compatible storage systems.

So please go to AdminCP > Settings >Storage system> and Add new storage.

For more information, please refer to  https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2020/phpfox-4-8-0-official-release/

Regards,

Hannah

December 17, 2020 2:34 am