Drag to reposition your photo
Cancel
Save
brown7477
Welcome to phpFox community
Threads

I am not sure at all, but posting images without identifying or giving credit to who owns them might protect you legally.  Not sure, hopefully, someone smarter than me will chime in here.

April 8, 2021 2:18 am
You know, your site has a share feature... The reason I bring this up is that I really hate when sites start sending me weekly, monthly news letters and etc. It's annoying. What I do like is sites similar to facebook where the only emails I get are from my friends regarding posts, messages, updates and links they like to share. These are not coming from the site admin as that would peeze me off and promote me to add it to my block list or eventually report it as spam.

I get a lot of facebook emails from conversations I am involved in... What catches my attention is things like
Quote:
Jonas Perl also commented on Sandy L. Rogers's status.

Jonas wrote:
"Actually i'm decorating for halloween right now... time for the scary scary!"

Reply to this email to comment on this status.

This allows me to meet new people of my friends. I could really care less that the admin has sent me an email about a new section, contests, refer somebody and etc. If you have good content and a cool crowd then I will return on my own. The only time I expect to get an email from admin is if it's account related stuff and security info at which point those emails don't need advertisement and whatever else in them cause then I will be distracted and consider it solicited mail that I didn't opt in to.

Simple is good. People will join and come back to your site for content and not because admin is firing off some kind of campaign begging for signups or returns. Just my two cents Tongue
November 1, 2010 6:04 pm
Guys you have to remove that line from the template.html.php - Now you might be saying but I did... Well the trick is you have to remove it via ftp and also check in acp under manage themes/edit templates/global/templates.html.php and click revert so that your template in acp matches that on the server - Make sure you copy its content first as a backup.

Now clear your cache then goto to manage settings/core settings then scroll to bottom of page and click the submit button without editing anything. Now go to your browser and press ctrl-f5 and viola it's gone.

Prolly thinking now you don't have a slider right? Goto my post in santocki's thread to find out how to make it all work together properly.
January 30, 2010 10:04 pm
You know... some members of my site reports this... being logout. Other for no reason can't login giving a invalid user ID, although they are entering the right log information...

Could this be about cookies. .. should I change in settings to session?

Thanks
January 28, 2010 10:27 pm
I get 5 to 10 new spam accounts a week;

including this member...

accounts from china, india..

commenting on the blog posts..eek

January 25, 2010 1:42 am